News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Best "Girl's Outing" ever!

Started by 4lee4ever, September 29, 2011, 03:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4lee4ever

In August, 2011, my 4 daughters and I went on a very special "Girl's Outing" - we went to our first Appleseed Project.  We went thinking that it would be good to just feel more comfortable shooting a gun, and maybe learn a few new skills at the same time.  It was that and so much more!  By the time the weekend was over, we had become confident with our guns and in our ability to protect ourselves if necessary.  The instructors were so patient with us, and they always showed us the greatest respect and courtesy.  But one of the things we enjoyed most was learning the history of our nation and the people who first protected it.  Appleseed was definitely one of the best activies my daughters and I have ever done together, and we're looking forward to doing it again soon!