News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Meeting of Goergia instructors

Started by DrJohn, August 19, 2011, 08:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

Fellow Appleseeders,

I have called as many of you as I can to communicate this message personally, but I may have unintentionally missed someone. ITSanSKS is coming to Toccoa the weekend of Sept. 3-4 to help work the AS. He is taking this opportunity to discuss the Georgia Appleseed program for 2012. We are going to meet at the Georgia Mountain Shooting Association club house on the evening of Saturday Sept. 3 at 7pm, after the day's shooting. All instructors in the Georgia program, regardless of rank, are encouraged to attend. It is not expected to be a long meeting as all will be hungry after the day's shooting and we plan to eat after the meeting. My thanks to all the Patriots who have volunteered to work this shoot, but try to come to the meeting whether you can teach during the day or not. My warmest regards to all.

DrJohn
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

Piker

Can "Georgia" instructors attend or just "Goergia" ones? Not sure I'm Goergious.   8)
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

cswhitfield

Did this "happen"? 

Any news or info to share with those who could not make it?

Thanks,

Craig
... what counts ... is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our bursts nor the smoke we make.  ... it is the hits that count.

Piker

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

StoneDog

Quote from: cswhitfield on September 06, 2011, 07:47:39 PM
Did this "happen"? 

Any news or info to share with those who could not make it?

Thanks,

Craig

Yes, what Craig said please.  While I'm a Georgia orange hat I find myself at more non-Georgia AS's than local shoots.  Going to have to change that...  In the meantime, what's the word?

Jon
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

Col Barrett

I was not there in person, but listened to much of the meeting via speaker phone. Since some of the main points were not heard by me directly, I will have someone who was there follow up with both Craig and Stonedog. Hopefully both of you will be updated within 24 hrs.

DrJohn

Main points of the meeting were: to rationalize the Georgia program for 2012 to better utilize resources, to get acquainted with the marketing program for the state, to discuss having an IBC / RBC program for Georgia so our instructors don't have to drive so far to receive further training, and to address having Georgia become self-sufficient in terms of instructor training. The meeting went on until late Saturday night but was cordial and informative. It was decided that we should reduce the number of students at any particular venue so that the event could be run with one RH and two other instructors of any rank. This is realistic in terms of the actual number of students who attend the events and will prevent preparing for an unrealistic number of "allowed" students who rarely if ever attend in those numbers. We also decided to "move" the schedule around the state so that students have the opportunity on a fairly predictable basis to attend an Appleseed not too far away. Friedenmeister is planning to submit a draft proposal for next year's Appleseed's schedule for comment and approval.

Next item was the promotions program for the state. Shaftoe, Travel Patriot, and Col Barrett (by phone) acquainted us with the very innovative and novel methods the promotions team has developed, including the "Constant Contact" program for staying in touch with interested parties who might want to get involved with Appleseed. These methods are modern and possibly very effective, and the national organization has expressed approval and support, to the extent of sharing our program with the rest of the country, getting involved with Constant Contact on a national basis, and funding the Georgia promotions program on an ongoing basis.

It was recognized that there is much material to be covered at a normal AS and that the oncoming shorter hours of winter make it even more problematical than in summer. Thus the decision to move the standard start time for Appleseed in Georgia from 8:30 AM to 8 AM.

Last, the inconvenience and expense for Georgia instructors to travel to other states to attend an IBC or RBC was discussed. It has been decided to have an IBC in Georgia in 2012, and in order to provide for an ongoing program here in the state, to develop a SI who will in turn train another SI to provide for his replacement. This will insure that the Georgia Appleseed program is on a sustainable basis.

There being no other matters to discuss, the meeting was adjourned.

Friedenmeister has  reviewed and approved this response and it is posted with his express consent.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....