News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Berwick, Maine. August 6-7, 2011

Started by TOMINCT, August 14, 2011, 08:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Appleseed had it's first AS in SW Maine this past weekend at the N.Berwick R&G club. The range firing line was set up by the club with a canopy over it's entire length. Initially for the forecast of rain, but appreciated by the shooters more for protection from the sun.

18 shooters each day kept the IT crew moving, going through safety, SHF's the 6 steps and NPOA before lunchtime. This on top of some of the hottest and most humid conditions to be dealt with this summer. Progress with the instruction was slow but steady and a lot of  group sizes shrunk over the course of the afternoon. The morning Redcoat proved that 11 were 100 yard shooters, afternoon had 3 100yd, 3 200yd and 3 300yard shooters. Nice!

The rain that was promised came in steady overnight but subsided by morning leaving us with overcast but cooler weather. This helped in getting a couple of Sunday only shooters running and everyone else tuned up with more AQT's

Early on Moose got his Rifleman patch with a 217, backed up with a 231! Great shooting! Later in the afternoon Cindy got over the line with a borrowed rifle and a 211. Several other shooters had scores in the 190's, with one just under the line at 209!

The instructor crew supplied the knowledge and some back up rifles that made the difference for a few people. Everyone gained from the experience and have shown interest in another AS.

Thanks to the N.Berwick R&G for the use of their range, having members there for the shoot and cooking, and for supplying the covered firing line.  Steve did a great job as BOTG, getting people there and making things as ready as could be.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

TOMINCT

And a couple more...
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

birdsall

That really was a great shoot! I had a lot of fun. I'd like to say thanks to everyone who participated in the shoot, you all were a lot of fun. Everyone had really great, teachable attitudes. I still can't believe that my mother in law Cindy shot rifleman. I think I may have even had a little tear of joy in my eye when she did it. Good work Cindy!
A great shoot in North Berwick!

luteplayers

My girlfriend and I had a great time too.  Going to have to get another 10/22 I think.  We are both really new to rifle shooting, and her to shooting in general, but we both managed to shoot marksman.  Would love to do it again after some more range time.  Going to get some of those AQT targets from the store, already have the app for my android phone to give us the commands. 

Just put the "Silly Accent" sticker on the back window of my truck today.

Jim and Susan.