News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR -Kaysville, Utah, August 12-13, 2011

Started by rifleman2000, August 14, 2011, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifleman2000

AAR -Kaysville, Utah, August 12-13, 2011

Thanks to all the participants in Kaysville's 3rd Appleseed event this year. Although their were no Rifleman scores, we saw some good improvement in the shooters. One participant, Kim, scored a 208, and would have qualified for Rifleman if she had allowed the .30 calibre rule to be implemented on that target, but she wanted to score Rifleman more solidly. She'll for sure be back and wants to get involved in instructing as well. James, and Wyatt scored very close to 200's, but didn't quite make it over that threshold despite their incredible persistance in the 94+ degree weather and not being able to use any protective shade on the second day. V came out from California to help, and it was very appreciated. Shandon, Brianna, Jessica, and Amber were young ladies that came and stayed the entire time (this was their second Appleseed shoot, and they definitely showed improvement and great persistence). They expecially loved to hit the V's on the targets, and excitedly showed V each time they did! 2of3 brought out his two kids, Meghan and Mark, on Friday, and they quietly improved their scores as well. I expect to see several Rifleman scores at Kaysville's next October shoot. The biggest improvement on the Red Coat target included three head shots on the last Redcoat target. I really look forward to getting the photos from Necee when she gets back to Montana!

Rifleman2000

V

Dave (rifleman2000) is far too modest a guy to mention it but there was also a significant instructor promotion at this event.

Please join me in congratulating Dave on his passing the Red Hat Instructor progress check on Saturday allowing me the great pleasure in awarding him his Red Hat on Sunday.

Dave has been instrumental in getting and keeping the Kaysville shoots running, has generously opened his home to supporting the fly-in instructors, has hosted an IBC at his house, and has almost single handedly rounded up shooters for the early Kaysville shoots. I'd like everyone to give him a big thanks, and more importantly, your support in the future in growing the instructor cadre in Utah and expanding out from Kaysville to further ranges.

Doing so will allow more flexibility in scheduling sat/sun shoots for non-LDS, fri/sat and even sat/sat successive weekends to find a setup which will work for SLC.

Once again Dave and Leann, I can't thank you enough, and congratulations.

Cheers
Phil "V"

iysce

I had a fantastic time at the Appleseed in Kaysville.  It was an early morning and a long day, but incredibly worth it to me.  I have never really shot before other than once with my husband and loaded and unloaded the gun.  I learned how to drop the mag (not clip or cartridge), to bolt and lock (to get clear it), push the safety on (so it doesn't accidentally go off), and to put the flag in to show that the gun was not loaded.  The first time ever!  I never did any of that and my sister probably had a good laugh at watching me try to figure out what I was supposed to first when V and Rifleman were checking to see what I knew.  My girls knew more about loading and unloading the guns more than I did! 
I loved the history tidbits given at lunch and the breaks we had.  I really loved the fact that V, Rifleman, and my Denise (from Montana) were incredibly helpful and great to work with.  Thank you for trying to help my girls and I to get our Rifleman.  Thank you for letting us know more about the history of how our country came to be and what our ancestors went through in order to gain the freedom that we are supposed to respect now.
We definitely be at the next Appleseed in October!  Hopefully, we will do better and get our Rifleman!  I know that we gave you a few scares and I appreciate you keeping us all safe!

Two-of-Three

Quote from: V on August 15, 2011, 07:14:55 PM
[...]
Please join me in congratulating Dave on his passing the Red Hat Instructor progress check on Saturday allowing me the great pleasure in awarding him his Red Hat on Sunday.

Dave has been instrumental in getting and keeping the Kaysville shoots running, has generously opened his home to supporting the fly-in instructors, has hosted an IBC at his house, and has almost single handedly rounded up shooters for the early Kaysville shoots. I'd like everyone to give him a big thanks, and more importantly, your support in the future in growing the instructor cadre in Utah and expanding out from Kaysville to further ranges.
[...]

I second all that:  congratulations, Dave, and way to persevere and get things moving in Utah!

Two-of-Three (Trent)
... one bullet at a time.

Necee

Congrats Dave!!!  You've worked incredibly hard to get Utah up and going- THANK YOU and keep it up  ^:)^

Here are some pictures from Day 1.....

Necee

A few pictures from Day 2....

V

Hi Necee,

Glad you got back home OK and thanks for the pictures.... you know what they say, no pictures then it didn't happen...

Cheers
Phil

Necee

No Problem V!  It was great to see the improvement from day one to day 2, as usual.....

Leonidas

Congrats on the hat Dave! And congrats to Utah, you guys up there have quite a great group of people and I hope to see big things out of you guys.
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams