News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A.A.R. INDIAN LAKE, NEW YORK 6-7 AUG 2011

Started by sgtrock, August 08, 2011, 12:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

The Indian Lake/ Blue Mountain Fish and Game Association, Inc.

Hosted it's first Project Appleseed event, Deep in the Adirondack Mountains, Encompassing 6.1 million acres, quite a bit of it in Hamilton County, This event was the club's first ever Organized shooting Clinic. It is so beautiful in this part of NY, Range members made our stay there Very Nice, with Hank cooking lunch for us both days, with other club members helping out with what ever needed to be done, and always asking if they can be of more help, it is a Great Club they/we have there, so much so I became a member to support the folks that support us,,,

We had on our line a fantastic group of Fine Americans that are as hardy as the mountains they live in,,, ages ranged from 14 to 75,,,
To;
Marty and his wife Joan
Karl and Peg
Tyler
Chuck and his wife
Nick's family, Pepsi, Mathew, Sequoia and Maya (Saturday)
with
John, Michael, Jason    (Saturday)
rounding out the line

It was an event that that took all these Fine Americans to make happen and be a memory that will stay with me for quite sometime to come, Thank You All for being who you are, and I hope you will pass along the experience you had this weekend to your friends, relatives, acquaintances, as you carry on with life, I will be back to this range before the year is out, possibly for the Turkey Shoot in September,, those are always fun to do,,, 

Sat was Hot, so much so that we took breaks to make sure that everyone stayed hydrated and cooled as much as possible.
All persevered under those conditions, sunday turned out to be cloudy and a little sprinkle from time to time, but still very warm,,,

Marked improvement was the name of the game for all on the line, everybody had a very teachable attitude, and was a pleasure to have been able to be a part of this event.

Josey Wales; The most passionate instructor that we have in NY, did an outstanding job Shoot Bossing this event, I had a great time working for him,,, anytime, anywhere, Nick, let me know,,,

1stSG Mark (R1sgX2) and Michele (Dakota30) came in on sunday to help out, it was great to see them again, Dakota30 asked to be a shooter and was a joy to have on the line, instructors need to stay up on these perishable skills as well,,

I have some pictures of the event that I will be getting up shortly,,,

Our youngest shooter on sunday, Tyler, still has me laughing today as I write this, this young Patriot is a fine example of why I Appleseed, quick wit and very polite, very teachable, it doesn't get any better than that, nice job Tyler

More to follow

sgtrock 

sgtrock

Here are 3 young patriots that are a joy to have amongst us, from left to right, Sequoia, Maya, Mathew

Our Patriots listening to the 1st strike by Josey Wales

1st strike by (Wales)

Hank and his wife cooking up lunch for us,,,

The Range,

Our young Patriot Tyler, having his Young Patriot Patch blessed with North Bridge Water by R1sgX2

We were proud to have Tyler on the line with us all weekend

our line on sunday towards the end of the day

Another shot of the line

R1SGx2

What a wonderful group of shooters, people that know very much what they are about.

Chuck and Marty never slowed down. Peg never seen with out a smile, Tyler, kept the instructors busy to keep up with him, and some fine shooting by all.

This range, beautiful, if you were to plot on a map the "middle of no where", you would of found us. Very nice people, could not do enough for anyone. And the community, a picture of home town USA. Where everyone says hello. And Lakes every where you looked.

Thank you Hank and Staff at the Indian Lake / Blue Mountain Lake Fish and Game Association to allow us in your Range. Very nice place to be proud of. A canon could of been fired here and no one would of heard it......  Hank, guess your wife knows now you can cook, GREAT food, thanks for supporting the weekend.

My self and Dakota30 where Sunday only participants, I said one time, "Little warm today", boy was I set straight about the heat of the day before, YET Sunday the shooters returned, says something about these great people. I look forward to shaking your hands again and saying remember when......

The Instructor Cadre, very dedicated, was an honor to work with them again, all good people and am proud that I can call them friends.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

..Sorry, that it has take me so long to reply.  I have been away from a computer for a week and was unable to get to one. 

..I thank my Instructors for their efforts, they are great and appreciated!!
..I thank the Indian Lake Range, and the patrons.....JW...........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..