News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI August 6-7, 2011

Started by Patriot Gal, August 08, 2011, 02:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Another great weekend in Racine.  Great range and great range people (Appleseeders) who stayed involved with us over the two days.   The rain threatened, but never amounted to much at all.  Partly cloudy early both days, then cleared for two beautiful Appleseed days!!

Day one brought 15 shooters to the line with varying degrees of rifle skills.  Got through LOTS of instruction, safety, steady hold factors, 6 steps of firing a shot AND three strikes of the match all on Saturday.  On Sunday 4 groups of people didn't return because of the weather or just worn out, however of the shooters remaining, 2 stayed on the 25yd range and the rest, including a few instructors had opportunity to try out the KD (known distance) range and shot out to 600 yds!  Thanks JoeZ!   :---

The marksmen of the day award. ended up going to a husband and wife team!!!  TriggerNick scored a 240 on the KD range with his M14 and his wife (a new shooter) scored a 226 on the 25yd AQT at the same time with her 10/22.  So, another new Riflewoman is born!  Patrick was close behind with a 194!!!  Verrrryyyy close!  And talk about persevering!! Patrick and Laura completed 7-8 AQTs on Sunday alone!!!

Our youngest shooter was 11 y/o, Dayne, who worked tirelessly for most of Saturday.  Next time!!!

Thanks to all the students who came out to spend the weekend with us to learn rifle marksmanship and to learn from whence we came, through the history of the April 17, 1775

Thanks to the instructor team, Endpoint, Castle Mountain, TriggerNick, Swamy and our newest orange hat in Illinois, Hollis!!!
Special thanks to Colycat who mentored me through my SBIT experience!!! 

I will post some pics. tomorrow evening, after sleep and work!
Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Trig

Thanks to all the instructors, and new shooters who came out for another great shoot!  Special thanks to JoeZ and Colycat for the opportunity for Known Distance shooting, what a blast!  :---
AQTs and 1 inch squares really does equal success even out to 600 yards  O0
and another special thanks to Patriot Gal and Bill (who forgot to make his rifle safe 3 times) for this inspiring rendition of "the safety dance!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25740937@N02/6022595396/

Couldn't be more proud of my wife "Wolfie" on her 226 riflemanwoman score!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Patriot Gal

Here's a few pics to start.  I keep getting timed out so I'll reduce the # of pics.  This is the third try.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

And a few more.

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

One more for now.  Will upload more instruction and history pics later.  O0

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Ok, just a few more.  Don't you love looking at the pics?

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

dragonfly

I like it  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

D-fly    Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Wolfie226

Hello All!

I want to thank everyone for the great time I had this weekend in Racine! My husband, TriggerNick, has been involved with Appleseed for about a year now and he has been asking me to come to an event for many months. This weekend was the first time my work schedule and the Appleseed schedule has matched!

I was thoroughly surprised by the amount of fun I had in learning marksmanship. Not to say that it wasn't difficult and even frustrating at times...There were definitely times when I was very hot and sweaty and my arms and elbows were sore and uncomfortable, but after shooting my first few AQTs and scoring in the 180's and 190's, I knew that I could score rifleman if I just kept with it.

I was also surprised by the stories of the Revolutionary War. I have never been one for history, but after listening to the emotional telling of the 3 strikes, hearing the stories of the dangerous old men and woman, and learning about the sacrifices that were made so many years ago to give us what we have to today, I was pretty much hooked. Now I definitely understand why TriggerNick is so dedicated to the Appleseed cause!

I went home on Saturday completely exhausted, sore, and sunburned, but totally ready to come back out on Sunday and try again! Sunday morning it was pouring when I left the house, but oddly it really didn't matter to me, I wasn't going to let a little rain get in my way of trying for that rifleman patch! Sunday was full of AQT after AQT, but of course, practice makes perfect, right? During our 6th AQT, I felt very relaxed and calm, I felt like I was really starting to get my NPOA right. We finished the 4 stages and pulled our targets, then Patriot Gal started scoring. I was totally surprised when Patriot Gal brought out a hat ("Shoot Like a Girl... if you can") and presented me with my Rifleman patch! I scored a 226! I am very proud of my Rifleman patch and of all the hard work it took to attain it. Joining such an elite group of people is truly an honor!

Thank you again to everyone who made this weekend such a wonderful experience for me!
1st Appleseed - Racine, WI - Rifleman 8/7/11 -special thanks to Colycat, Patriot Gal, Castle Mountain, EndPoint, Swamy, Hollis, JoeZ, Dr. Drake, and TriggerNick

colycat

Wolfie,

Welcome to the Appleseed family.  Reading your post of how and what you felt about the AS experience, is the stuff that keeps us doing what we do.

God save the Republic and Appleseed will help.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

POP

Absolutely, Wolfie!  Thanks for the Post. 
Your country and Appleseed need you and many more like you.
Do some border raids and Meet folks around the country.  Come to think of it, there will be a ladyseed in Fredericksburg, TX October 15-16.  We'd sure like to have you come shoot with us.  Of course, by then you'll have an orange hat and will be instructing but, that's why we need you.  You will be an asset to the cause for that event.  Talk with Patriot Gal about it.
I look forward to working an event with you.
POP

Great shoot, Patriot Gal.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Johnnyappleseed

Good event Wisconsin!
Nice job Patriot Gal  O0

Congratulations Wolfie and welcome aboard to the Appleseed family.
see you all on the trail !

Colycat you ever shoot a 226 ? ::) me either :-[

;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Trig

Once wolfie gets a hat, we'll send her your way to show ya how its done!  **) ^:)^ **)
Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on August 09, 2011, 01:36:38 AM
Good event Wisconsin!
Nice job Patriot Gal  O0

Congratulations Wolfie and welcome aboard to the Appleseed family.
see you all on the trail !

Colycat you ever shoot a 226 ? ::) me either :-[

;D
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Doctor Drake

Great shoot in Racine.

Congrats to Wolfie and Nick. Very proud of Wolfie!

Nick, it's your fault I've been on the White Oak website today.