News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Durham - September 24, 2011 (One Day Only) Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, August 01, 2011, 10:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Durham Appleseed - September 24, 2011 (One Day Only)
Last Updated: September 25, 2011

Event Information

Date: September 24, 2011
Shoot Boss:The Log
Instructors/IITs:Glock23, Who_Me?, CortJestir
Pre-Registrations: 14/14 - SOLD OUT!!
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23789.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1912627721
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: See EIP
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed welcome
  • Orange Hats needed welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Glock23

I'm pretty sure I signed up for this, but never received a confirmation from Scheduling. I'm trying to bring a friend. No SB yet?

CortJestir

^ The Log is SB'ing this one. I'll probably be there as well. <yoda>A special day for you it may be, young padwan</yoda> (Edit: unless you plan to upgrade at Chaplin that, is.)

Shoot IS another PM to get on the official schedule.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Glock23

Yeah, I'll probably upgrade at this event. I want to retire my Orange Hat Calverton-style.   :---

Who_Me?

LOL, I saw what they did to that poor hat! That's up there with shooting pumpkins on the scale of epic ^^

PM to instructor scheduling inbound ^^
"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

The Log

I hear LymiSeede will make an appearance as well. Sounds like we've got a good crew shaping up for this one. Quantity wise, that is - never any doubt about the quality of the CT crew, regardless of strength. Looks like all I need to do is enthrone myself and let the CT magic work.

And wait till you all get a load of my new and improved shoot box. It's the latest in shoot boss fashion - to die for. And it locks!!  @&) 

But in all seriousness - let's not have the instructors outnumber the shooters! If everyone on the crew brings just one person, we'll have this one sold out in no time. Personally, I'm working on a couple of folks from work. Let's please all make an extra effort to sell this one - not selling out a brand new club would be tough to take. :'(

Our new motto: "Haud magister veni solus." Oh my geeking gawd! Did he just do that?  :slap:

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

OK, now we're getting somewhere - seven sold, seven to go!  ^:)^

Keep up the good work and we'll have this one sold out before we get a chance to promo it at the Goshen Fair!

</log>

The Log

Nine down, five to go!  ^:)^

I'm making my pitch to three co-workers tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get a couple of father-son or father-daughter combos out of that and sell this one out.

</log>

The Log

Four slots left, and two weeks to go. Who's going to sell those final four? Remember - I'll triple the pay of any instructor who gets that final sale for another SELL OUT!!  :slap:

</log>

The Log

Almost there...

Only two slots left! Who's gonna sell them? I've about tapped out my prospects at work - everyone's got an excuse.

Sure, I know that shoots aren't selling out this year. But this is Connecticut - we sell out shoots!! Let's buck the trend and get this shoot sold. Don't make me use the Facilitator's Hammer on you  &)

</log>

The Log

Well, I whiffed today - I hit up three likely prospects at work and got shut down. One begged off because he hasn't been shooting in years, one is waiting for a divorce to finalize, and the other is busy with birthdays this month. What's that they say about excuses...?

The good news is I extracted promises to appear at a later date from the last two. One is even going to work on the missus to try to get her to let him take her daughter. She's never shot before - perfect! Get her before she develops any bad habits.

Anyone else having better luck? Still two slots left...

</log>

The Log

SOLD OUT!!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Another job well done, CT crew!! Thanks for stepping up the effort!!

</log>

The Log

Just contacted the club president - all is in preparation and they're looking forward with excitement to hosting their first Appleseed! POI will go out to instructors by email on Wednesday or so.

If anyone else wants to get in on the fun, we could always use another Hat. Just make it right with IS and we'll see you bright and early on Saturday.

</log>