News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Chaplin - August 27/28, 2011 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, August 01, 2011, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Chaplin Appleseed - August 27/28, 2011
Last Updated: August 18, 2011

Event Information

Date:August 27-28, 2011
Shoot Boss:vernic82
Instructors/IITs:Glock23, Jay Haich
Pre-Registrations: 5/35
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17433.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/983745409
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: See EIP
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hat(s) needed
  • Orange Hats needed
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

Well I know I have one shooter just registered!

Spent the day last Thursday 7th Stepping, er um I mean working at the Sub Base in Groton!

Should pan out that at least I can get the Base Rifle & Pistol Instructors signed up, I'll be working them hard in the next couple weeks ~~:)

As for IIT's, looks like it will be me and however many shooters I can 7th Step.

I'm done calling IITs - sign on at your leisure folks!
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Log

I had that mother and daughter at BTR trying to sign up on the spot for Chaplin, so you'll have some company. And of course I'll push anyone still knocking on the door at Metacon over to Chaplin two weeks later to finish the job.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

vernic82

Thanks brother! ;)

Quote from: The Log on August 08, 2011, 07:36:41 AM
I had that mother and daughter at BTR trying to sign up on the spot for Chaplin, so you'll have some company. And of course I'll push anyone still knocking on the door at Metacon over to Chaplin two weeks later to finish the job.

</log>
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

Glock23

I'm in for Sat only. Sorry, work conflicts again. Bringing the wife...   ^:)^

Jay Haich

Fred,

Sign me up for helping with the pre-shoot setup. I will be there by 07:30 (maybe earlier if I have a following wind and sea).

Be Safe
JH
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

The Log

Cancelled due to Hurricane Irene. Shooters contacted and offered comps for an upcoming shoot. See IAAR for details.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn