News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors needed - Simsbury, CT Aug 13-14

Started by The Log, August 01, 2011, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Come on out and sweat with us at the Metacon Gun Club in Simsbury for the Aug 13-14 shoot. It's sold out, so come help me bring the Appleseed message to 20-something motivated mid-state shooters. As extra enticement, Dom and the Metacon guys always put on a decent spread for lunch, and we'll be shooting from under cover!

Right now, I'm the only one officially signed up, although my trusty side-kick Who_Me? tells me she'll do so tonight. Come on out and give us a hand, won't you?

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

vernic82

I'd go brother but I'm teaching back-to-back pistol courses on 8/13&14...... :-\
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

Glock23

FWIW, I don't look at the Instructor Schedule. If I don't see a Dashboard in our CT State Board, I don't know a shoot is happening... I'll see if I can get this one cleared on my schedule. I'll look more closely at the Instructor Schedule - seems there are lots of shoots this fall I wasn't aware of.

CortJestir

^ Yeah, that's my bad. I'll be getting Dashboards up shortly. Thanks for keeping me honest.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

G23 - anything you can do is appreciated. You might want to check out the one-day at the New Haven Raccoon Club in September, too. I just signed up to SB that. And don't forget our upcoming promos - BTR this weekend, and the Goshen Fair on Labor Day weekend. We REALLY need help staffing those. Any time you can spare at either or both would be greatly appreciated. In other words - sign up before I sic Vernic on you!!

CJ - Thanks for the Dashboards. It's funny how dependent we are on them now, and how spoiled we are - most other states don't seem to have the concept. Of course, once you start something...

</log>

The Log

BTT - we're a week away, and the shoot is sold out. Weather looks nice for the weekend. Let's party...

</log>