News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR-Calverton, NY July 30 & 31, 2011

Started by VietVet, August 01, 2011, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Once again the "Hardcore" Calverton Shooters and Instructors withstood the heat and showed our good old American spirit.
It was a HOT one but they did persist and gave their all.
Saturday we had 22 standing on the line and Sunday we grew to 26.

A great big thank you has to go out to all involved in this event.
Every person there put in a 100% + of their effort and more in sweat.
HYDRATE...... became the word of the event. It was incorporated into the Safety Briefing. We added an extra rule to our standard ones.

We did enjoy ourselves I must admit.
The Shooters did show marked improvement by days end.
They also enjoyed DESTROYING Big Matt's & Charlie Hotel's Orange Hats. They both recently move up the Appleseed ladder to RH's.

Congrats to Sayron (Frank) who stepped forward and took the Orange Hat.
Calverton's newest IIT.
Thanks for your help Frank.

Here's a photo of the Saturday and Sunday Shooters and those hats.

I'll come back and finish this AAR when i get the chance to look over my notes and gather my thoughts.
Still hydrating.

I'm sure others that were there will fill in some of the blanks until I can return......stay tuned........

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

The Log

Nicely done, my post-apocalyptic pals! And I simply love the new hat styles this season. To die for. You New Yorkers are SO sophisticated.

Congrats CH and BM - well deserved! See you on the trail - still working on the Coast Guard Academy shoot - hope the ferry still runs in November.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

RATTLESNAKE

Congratulations CharlieHotel and Big Matt.... I am proud to know you guys. I would like to get one of those ventilated orange hats in the future......... I'll be back !!
"It is not yet too late to accommodate the dispute amicably. But I am of opinion, that, if once General Gage should lead his troops into the country, with design to enforce the late Acts of Parliament, Great Britain may take her leave, at least of the New-England colonies, and, if I mistake not, of all America. If there is any wisdom in the nation, God grant it may be speedily called forth!"
- written in a letter from Joseph Warren to Arthur Lee, 20 February 1775

August Son

Congratualtions to CharlieHotel and Big Matt on receiving their Red Hats.  Congratulations to Frank on accepting the orange hat.

Once again I thouroughly enjoyed myself. I was also thouroughly wiped out from the Sun and the heat.

Below are some pictures from the event as well as a link to the photo album
Hope you enjoy!

Saturday's Shooters

Sunday's shooters

VietVet

Dakota

Big Matt

CharlieHotel

SunnyAM

Big Rob

Free2Scour

Pat - Mrs. Free2Scour (Not sure of forum name - sorry!)

Mrs. VietVet (Not sure of forum name - sorry!)

Ivy (Not sure of forum name - sorry!)

Sayron (Frank) Accepting Orange Hat

Junior Shooters - Kayla & Cole

George Accepting a Prize for Most Shots in the red. Doing his part to get American's off the couch.

SunnyAm Working with Kayla.

Various pictures of shooters

The Firing Line

Shooting Big Matt's Orange Hat

Shooting a Watermellon

Shooting Charlie Hotel's Orange Hat

https://picasaweb.google.com/CraigSKeenan/AppleseedCalvertonNYJuly3031201102?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjTnIH7xOORdA#

Link to Photo Album

kDan

Sorry I missed this one guys.  Where was I?  Hmm.  Better check the bank receipts before the wife does.    ???  I kid! I kid!  I was working...  or something... somewhere... on something.  whatever.

The Seeders August Son could not name list as follows:
Pat - lakesideoflife
Mrs VietVet - AnnieMae
Ivy - Dog Days (seventh stepper extra-ordinaire!!!)

Congrats Sayron!  I'm looking forward to working with you and excited about the crew you and Dog Days have been bringing around.  We just had three repeaters at Manhattan!

Who's the young man with the Garand!?  Nice shot of the clip in the air.  "Ping!"  Here come the Nazis!  I won't mention that he would do well to sling up.  I'm sure there's a reason the picture was taken by an IIT...   ~~:)

So CharlieHotel and Big Matt waited until I wasn't around to shoot up their hats, eh?  Guess they wanted to have something left, cuz my rapid-fire lazer beams set 'em on fire!  Ain't that right.  BZZZOOWW! bup bup bup  A pile of smoking black dust!

I heard SunnyAM called the line like a pro without so much as HOLDING a cheat sheet!  I don't know anybody that ever did that first time, except me of course.   8) 

Nice job, VietVet and everybody.  Congratulations on another safe and successful shoot!

See you guys back on that Calverton line soon!  No doubt about it.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout