News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Birchwood Appleseed, July 2011 - thank you!

Started by Kaylee, August 01, 2011, 02:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaylee

Hello ladies and gentlemen!
(This is Jennifer, the chick in the buckskins from this weekend. Long story on the username.  )

Anyhow, I just wanted to repeat a heartfelt thank you to the instructors who volunteered so much of their own time and money to come and help us out up here. You too could have spent your time with your families or your money on your own play, and you chose to come up here to help us out. Thank you. I hope you had a great time, and Alaska proves worth your time.

Also - a special thank you to Josh Holloway and RAFN in working so hard to pull things together up here. Some actions have a way of echoing into the future, and I think yours may be among them. Thank you for your initiative and your dedication.

I wan't say RAFN was exactly a nag in roping up participation, but um....
Thanks for being persistent with me.
;)

Next  - anyone in the AK class, I have an offer.
I'm going to be in Boston again in around 3 weeks, and intend to try and sweet talk my way into another day on Battle Road. So if anyone wants me to look for a memento from there-  say a pebble from along the roadbed - or perhaps has a small "thank you" they'd like me to leave at one of the memorials on your behalf, I would be happy to do so*. Just PM or post here and let me know.

Finally, I'm sorry I had to cut out early Sunday - but by any chance are we planning on meeting again, even if it's just for an informal gabfest and maybe punching an AQT or two again? That was fun. :)

* within the limits of good sense and respect for the site and the Park Service, of course.

Rafn

Thank you to the instructors who came up, Josh for all his hard work getting things arranged and rolling, and everyone who came and made the first Alaskan event wonderful.  It looks like we have a good start on IITs - October is coming up.  Let's see how many more people we can get up to speed!

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

LayloPro

Gotta smile at this.... :)

Jenn, you know that Rafn was as close to becoming a Rifleman when he left Las Vegas a few months ago, and one of the things he learned there in -that- weekend was that "A Rifleman persists!"......
I know that because I usually say it about 3-10 times a weekend..... ^-^ @)

Aren't you glad he persisted with ya??  ^:)^ ..:.. ;D

I think he already knew how well you would not only fit in as a new Rifle Woman (AK's first!!) O0 :bow: O0, but also as an IIT, helping spread the word around your wonderful state..... @@) ;) ;D

Echo on ASM's request.....thank you..... @)

Be well, and we'll see you again soon..... O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Mooseneck

Hi Kaylee,
First, my heartfelt congratulations on becoming Alaska's first Riflewoman. Outstanding! Also, thanks to RAFN and Josh for getting this thing cranked up in AK. I had heard of Appleseed for some time, and had done a bit of poking around - even asked around at Birchwood (I'm an EPM) if anyone was doing anything or knew anything about the event. I was signing in one day and saw the poster just by pure chance. One of the few times having a broken neck full of titanium paid off - I have to take my time turning, and there it was...got the website info, and went home and signed up. Time couldn't fly by fast enough until the event. My hat goes off to all those that got this thing off the ground. I'll be at the October Appleseed with my oldest daughter and her friend (already signed up), so I'll take another whack at that Rifleman patch. If any of the folks setting it up need any help at all, just let me know and I'll be happy and privileged to do what I can...Keep on shootin', and I hope to see you at Birchwood in the near future...Cheers...Bob "Mooseneck" O
"The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."