Author Topic: Red Instructor Sweat Jackets?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline George Hacker

• Inactive Instructor
  • The instructor formerly known as "ShadowMan"
Red Instructor Sweat Jackets?
« on: October 04, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
How does a new IIT go about getting a Red RWVA Instructor Sweat Jacket?  I didn't see them anywhere in the Appleseed Store.

Thanks,

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Offline sgtrock

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Ft Drum 08-10 SPARTANS
Re: Red Instructor Sweat Jackets?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
Pass your Instructor Progress Check and receive your sweatshirt and redhat, Do you not have a mentor?

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »

What Rock meant to say, Shadowman, is that the red sweatshirt comes with the red hat.

We don't have an orange instructor sweatshirt, since you're supposed to quickly advance to a red hat - and hence, don't really have a need for one.

So, keep working on your PCs - only 3 more to go! O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Offline George Hacker

• Inactive Instructor
  • The instructor formerly known as "ShadowMan"
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
Thanks, sgtrock and Fred.  I didn't realize the sweat jacket came with the red hat.  I'm currently working on my PC3.  The reason I asked is because the Appleseed T-shirt is prescribed instructor and IIT garb during an Appleseed.  I remember reading something about the sweat jacket in the RWVA Instructor Manual and things are starting to get a little chilly here in the Pacific Northwest.

As far as mentors go, I'm going along the Appleseed trail with Theophilus, Prescott, Ducko, and RL.  Everything has been informal at this point, I haven't been made aware of any formal assignments.

Thanks again!

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Offline Baminal

• Retired Instructor
  • I, for one, shall answer the call.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:27 PM »
Not that we need a sweatshirt yet down here in Texas, but I got my Red Hat back in June, and no red long sleeves yet.  Is there another step I need to take that I'm not aware of?

Certainly not complaining, just thinking ahead.

Baminal
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Offline Cooper

• Retired Shoot Boss
  • I once was many things, but now I am only several.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 04:12:04 AM »
Bamina)l, Sir!

Ask the SB of your next shoot to request that any RH instructor items for which you are eligible be included in the shoot box for that event.  I preordered the hat, the instructor watch cap (apparently rapidly becoming extinct), and the instructor rain poncho.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim