News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boys Camp is a go. Help needed. . .

Started by Chris Z, June 01, 2011, 10:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Z

I just received confirmation that we will be having an Appleseed event for the Institute of Christ the King Boys Camp.

Location. . . Bowler WI

Date. . . July 19 & 20

Joe Z should be Shootbossing,  I'll be instructing,  I know it's the middle of the week is there anyone else that can make it?

Our preliminary count is 60 boys ages 12-18. 

A few loaner rifles would help out also.

Thanks

Chris Z

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

LadyVetch

Would female instructors be welcome? 

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Kosciusko

could take vacation if you need bodies real bad, hope to have my red hat before then

also have 2 Marlin 795s rigged and 3 ruger 10/22s all w/ Tech Sights

2 10/22s w/ scopes

1 AR-15 w/ CMMG conversion, not sure how much of a tack driver it is

Chris Z

LadyVetch  - I'm going to guess that women will make things difficult at the boys camp,  But I can check for sure.

Kosciusko - how much notice do you need to give for time off work?  I'm not sure yet how badly we need bodies, I'll talk with the shoot boss and see how many instructors he'd be comfortable with for this event to determine how badly we need help. 

thanks

cz

Kosciusko

a weeks' notice would work for me, summer is actually the easiest time to get vacation, as I work at a small private university 
it's going to be a 200 mile/ ~4 hour drive one way, but that's  not bad.  It's almost 250 miles to Marshall for the AS this weekend w/ Sven

LadyVetch

That's why I asked.  I totally understand but keep me in mind if you do need help.  I am free those days.

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Chris Z

Yes this will be a boys only event.

cz

Mr.Natural

I'm in.  Can bring two loaner LTR's. 

Chris Z

Mr Natural,  thanks, and yes please do bring your rifles.

Kosciusko - - - are you still planning on showing up for the event?  you and your rifles are welcome and would be a great addition,  (I see you are not signed up on the schedule yet)

thanks

cz

Kosciusko

signed up yesterday, haven't heard back

5 Ruger 10/22s, 2 Marlin 795s, all 7 w/ GI slings, 6 w/ tech sights, one Ruger w/ 3x scope

Taylor

I have a scoped 10-22 w/GI sling I can loan out.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

crash

If Taylor can swing past my place I can loan out 2 rifles. ( I might not be on his way this time though)   :-\
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Taylor

I should be able to swing by your place Aaron.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Trig

I have heard that this is now 7/20 and 7/21 (wednesday and thursday).  Can this be confirmed?
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

JoeZ

Yes, you are correct. We have been moved to Wed the 20 and Thurs the 21. This change does not affect the shooters and so I've been in contact with the instructors via PM and we are salvaging what we can and a few brave souls not signed up have even offered to help out. Thanks to all.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Trig

I was able to get the time off work, so I will see ya there!   :---

2 loaners and a dummy rifle in tow
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************