Author Topic: A "Fred's AIBC" - in Illinois? YES! July 23-24  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
A "Fred's AIBC" - in Illinois? YES! July 23-24
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »

Maybe you haven't heard of it yet.

But this top-secret event is for any RWVA instructor in Illinois (and out-of-staters are welcome, too).

It's not what you think it is. It's about simple things like "Running the Perfect Appleseed", but it's also about the more complicated challenges we face in this program today.

All the info is on the Boot Camp sched at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22360.0

This event is FREE but you need to register on eventbrite so we know how many to plan for. To register for this, go to http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1609328545%20%20%20%20%20

Check http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21073.msg164736#msg164736 for the opinion of someone who's been to one, and what they say about "you need to come".

We have five people signed up so far. If we can get one more, we can TIE AZ's AIBC for the following weekend, which has SIX signed up.

Hey, guys - if we can get SEVEN signed up, we can BEAT Arizona!!! O0

PS: There is a $20 person/weekend which covers ALL food costs for the weekend. There's room to bring a cot so you can stay on-site, free! Come, bring a "teachable attitude", and be prepared to IAO!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Offline EEL

Re: A "Fred's AIBC" - in Illinois? YES! July 23-24
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »
This is the AIBC I believe you heard about from Garand69 in his PM some time back.  If you are free that weekend, Pappy and Fred would love to see you there.  Fred will be going more in depth about "Appleseed, the program".

I will be working Saturday, but will try to make it down there Sunday late morning (provided I don't get held over   :P

I know this is a tough time for y'all.  Vacation, summer sports with the kids, work or lack thereof, shoots, family responsibilities, right Ashes  ;)  other obligations, etc. but if you can make it, try.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Offline dragonfly

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »
If you care about Appleseed, if you care about how you can help the sinking ship, you must find away to get to this event.

Imagine a face to face meeting with Fred, and you can ask him anything. In fact, he will challenge you to ask him a question he cannot answer.

I believe Wisconsin still has the largest attendee's so far of 29. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19708.0  If anyone can top that, it will be Illinois.

Do not miss this.

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Offline dragonfly

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »
Something to review:

Quote from: crash on January 11, 2011, 09:05:58 AM
Does anyone know if there is anything we should be prepared for? 

Yes, I'd suggest you carefully read http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18654.0 "Chicken Little, the Darkside, and Other Matters"

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19907.0, "Remembering the Basics..."

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20317.0, "On being a follower..."

Some of these things are pretty densely written, and it may pay to print out a copy so you can review again just before the IBC. These posts I made embody a small portion of the AIBC - but an important portion.

Thanks in advance to all who have committed to being at this event. It should be an interesting weekend.

Thanks,
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Offline Pappy

• SHOOT DAILY, Its the right thing to do.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »
Hello Group; As PER conversations with FRED. I must inform the group that.
 Due to the small numbers the Fred IBC will not be held as originaly planed at the Ottawa location.
 Please understand Fred will be having a event but the location is TBA.

Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo...

DO THE RIGHT THING EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TO _ JACK!!!!!

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 10:04:46 PM »

Yep, looks like the arrangements in IL have collapsed on us. Don't know if it was the lack of promotions or something else, but the good news is this outfit started out five-plus years ago with the motto, "Improvise, adapt, and overcome" and so I will be emailing the exact location to pre-regs prob Friday morning. It should be not far from the Ottawa area, so no additional travel is involved.

All the more important that you pre-reg at eventbrite, to be sure you get the location.

Sorry for all the "last minute stuff", but it's not much different in that respect than some Appleseeds we've all been too. O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

Gravy

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
I'm signed-up.  Pre-regs look very thin. 

C'mon guys, let's see some more names on the list!   ~~:)

mtbrass

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 01:56:29 AM »
Signed up last night Gravy see you there.

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 09:14:54 AM »

SHAZAM! What the heck a little promotion will do! We're already up to 8 signups, and Illinois has raced ahead of Arizona! Good job, guys!

I can promise you an interesting weekend, for both me and you! :)

I have posted on the boards of the surrounding states, so let's keep the IL pre-regs rolling in, in case a bunch of "outsiders" comes carpooling in - I don't wanna see this meeting a cacophony of "foreign" accents. :)

Offline Missouri Brigade

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 10:24:32 AM »
I've been signed up.  I'll probably be Saturday only.

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 10:56:13 PM »

Well, MB, hope you can stay both days. They tell me the second day is better than the first.

And, great news! We're up to EIGHT pre-regs - no way AZ can catch up to IL, now!

What a performance - 3 more pre-regs since July 12th!

Now, let's see if we can go double-digit! You can do it, Illinois!

Remember, it's THIS weekend. After you pre-reg, watch your emails - sometime Friday (I hope in the AM, but it could be later), you'll get an email with directions to the location we'll set up under "Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome" - if the weather's nice, it could even be outside, under some shade trees, so think coolers, ice, refreshments, folding chairs...

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »

OK, guys, this was easier and faster than I thought it would be.

We have a meeting room (upstairs) at the Super 8 just off 1-80 and IL 23 - if you need a map, check http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=02900&cid=IP_Local

So, I'll see you there 8:30 AM Sat morning. The motel is giving a special rate of $72 if you want to get (or share) a room. I'm told there's a Comfort Inn and other motels there which may be a little cheaper.

In view of the weather, being inside in air conditioning may not be absolutely required, but it should be much nicer than the shaded picnic area under consideration. :)

Offline SavageShootr

• Instructor In Training 4
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »
Here is a link to the registration Page: http://www.eventbrite.com/myevent?eid=1609328545

It has been updated with the new information.

I was able to attend an AIBC in Piru, CA. It is my opinion that this is very worthwhile.

Have a great time!!!

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Offline SavageShootr

• Instructor In Training 4
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Offline Patriot Gal

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Camp Atterbury KD nine eleven
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 12:26:07 AM »
Hello everyone who preregistered for the AIBC and those yet to sign up or show up!!!   :cool2: :D

Due to the short timeframe between deciding on a meeting place and the weekend, I took license to go ahead and secure overnight accomodations for all of us instructors who will be attending.  I was able to get rooms at the Super 8, Fred having secured us the best rate at $71 + tx per night by his earlier reservation.  So I reserved three double queen rooms for Friday and four for Sat. night if we need them.  Probably a good thing as the surrounding motels are pretty full due to this being a busy summer weekend for them.  I think if we had waited a few days to try to get rooms, we might have been unable to secure them.

If all nine of us stay overnight and the cost is split equally, the cost incl. an est 10% tax, would be approx. $26 for each of us per night or $52 for both nights.  I don't think we would find a better deal anywhere.  We would, of course, be sharing rooms the same as at an AS weekend so some may want to bring a cot or sleeping bag if you don't want to share a bed.  The Super 8 has an adequate "continental breakfast" and there is most certainly many food places in the area so we should be fine. 

Please PM me to let me know if you will be staying with the group and if you're staying one (Sat.) or both nights.  I need to know the count for sure by Thurs. so I can cancel any rooms we will not be needing.  I plan to be there Friday evening.

I will go ahead and PM all the preregs I know about, to ensure they get this information.
Thanks everybody and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the AIBC!!!
Patriot Gal
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:28:36 AM by Patriot Gal »
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Offline EEL

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »
P Gal,
Nice work on trying to save our instructors some of their hard earned $$$ that they will have to lay out to attend this AIBC. 

Not sure what happened but, the $20 for two nights and 3 hot meals each day whipped up by Pappy and G69 is a hard deal to beat.   #)

Too bad that had the kabash put on it.  Would have saved our guys some serious coinage.   :'(
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 10:47:48 AM »

I don't want to get a dispute going, so there's no need for me to respond. Let's just have a nice AIBC for those who elect to come to this event.

Offline Trisha

• Ladyseed National Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
     And, great news! We're up to EIGHT pre-regs - no way AZ can catch up to IL, now!

What a performance - 3 more pre-regs since July 12th!

Now, let's see if we can go double-digit! You can do it, Illinois!

You now are in the double digits! 10 pre-regs!! Keep signing up everyone, this is something you don't want to miss!!

Offline AFTERMATH

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »
Snow banks are free. ..:.. 
But you probably ain't gonna have any of them down there this weekend!

I wish I wasn't stuck up here. :'(  The mosquitoes have me pinned down and low on ammo! :---
One swat, one kill.

Have a great weekend IL! O0 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]