News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Had a great time at the El Paso shoot this weekend!

Started by nickjandrews, June 27, 2011, 11:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjandrews

Got my Dad to go with me and pick up some pointers.  Now I just have to get him to follow them!  I shot pretty decent and qualified at my second Appleseed event (first was Alamogordo in April), so I am happy.  Thanks to the volunteers who made it happen and helped us along toward higher competence in shooting.
Nick A

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

JustJeff

Quote from: nickjandrews on June 27, 2011, 11:45:33 AM
Got my Dad to go with me and pick up some pointers.  Now I just have to get him to follow them!  I shot pretty decent and qualified at my second Appleseed event (first was Alamogordo in April), so I am happy.  Thanks to the volunteers who made it happen and helped us along toward higher competence in shooting.
Ahem, I seem to remember you walking out of the building with an Orange Hat in your hand.....  You've only just begun....now the learning and the work REALLY begins.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

nickjandrews

The older I get, the more I realize that the vast amount I do know is a smaller fraction of the total available than I used to think it...
Nick A

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato