News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calverton LadySeed 25-26 Jun 2011

Started by Mogget, June 27, 2011, 06:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mogget

LadySeeds!  No matter what you say, the words always fall short of the reality.  Nevertheless, I will start this thread off with a bit of summary and then others will fill in with far more adequate descriptions and pictures.

For those who've never seen a LadySeed, it's like a regular Seed only the participants and instructors are all women.  Twenty-seven women on Saturday, and eighteen on Sunday, to be precise, with eight instructors drawn from New York, Connecticut, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Idaho.

Three Rifleman scores, with two new orange hats and a blue hat, which will be a big help to the NY crew.  Pictures follow, but you will see that in addition to patches, the top two scores also won those who earned them a nice bit of fancied-up .223 rounds from the Bullet Boutique, donated by their creator.

We also had a good crew of LadySeed Manslaves.  (Do not miss the pictures, which will appear in this thread.)   Special thanks to all of them, including but not limited to Viet Vet and his wife for their hospitality, Charlie Hotel and the wait staff who provided lunch (mussels and clams in addition to more traditional AS fare!), all those who set up the line, and our Manslave photographer, whose work we will be seeing in posts to follow.

Finally, I must mention that in addition to the Redcoat targets we also shot the LadySeed Housecoat targets.  Top scores earned those who shot them the coveted "Shoot Like A Girl" hat!  Scoring was by holes per appliance or activity picture as follows:

Washing machines:  14
Dirty dishes:  16
Unmade bed: 18
Vacuum cleaners: 15
Dust mops: 23
Furniture polish: 20
Groceries: 23

And since we are all sensible American women, nobody shot up the chocolate!

Hope you enjoy the AAR thread as much as we instructors enjoyed the event.  It was a great experience and we are indebted to the NY crew for the invitation to visit and enjoy an American weekend in your company.

Mogs

August Son

Thank you for allowing me to be part of your event.

I would like to commend the Ladyseed instructors and participants on doing such a fantastic job
It was a privilege to be a silent observer and photograph the event.  I truly admire your dedication and passion for the program. 

I am only saddened that I will not get to see all of you at the next appleseed. 

Until we meet again, be well.

Your's Truly,
Craig S. Keenan(August Son)

https://picasaweb.google.com/CraigSKeenan/CalvertonLadyseedJune25262011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPn9lveJrdygHQ#

VietVet

The RWVA and the Calverton Ladies joined together this weekend. They truly showed us "Manslaves"  a thing or two.

Well...lets start from the beginning.....

First I have to thank Josey Wales for starting the weekend off by coming out on Friday and cooking dinner for the entire Instructor Team and a few guests. JW turned out a pot of spaghetti sauce filled with his home made meatballs and sausage.
Thanks Nick.
You now can claim the title of being New York's first "Manslave".

A very special thank you to our Instructors.....
  Mogget, Ratchett, Brickhouse, Cooper,
Western Rose, Ishy, Lyberty, Who-Me? and Heather.
This was a complete success because of your dedication to our mission.
Again, thank you Ladies for making New York's first ever Ladyseed what it was, an event that will be remembered. Job well done.

To the shooters.... O0.
You Ladies stayed strong and showed everyone the NY style of jumping into the sand.
Nice!!

To our new Lady Rifleman, Orange and Blue Hats..... O0 O0
You "Shot like a girl"....be proud.

Let it be known this was a total "Team Effort" by a group that came from several different States and became one in a sandpit on Long Island.
Priceless..... O0 O0 O0

I could go on but I'll leave it to those that did what they did to make this Ladyseed what it was.......
a outstanding success.

Again, thanks go out to everyone that made this happen.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

The Log

I have to say I've been excited about coming to this shoot for months, even though I knew it would only be in a Manslave capacity. No problems there - happy to cook, and to chauffeur Who_Me? to the shoot. I was actually feeling a little star-struck there at the gates before Harry showed up - "Look! There's Western Rose! And Ishy and Lyberty! That must be Mogs and Cooper! And I recognize Ratchett from her avatar picture!" I had to remind myself not to ask for autographs from these queens of Appleseed. Seriously - it was good to meet you all finally.

Just for the record - if you think you can go easy on the food at a Ladyseed, think again. THOSE WOMEN COULD EAT!!! Every pan of burgers disappeared as quick as I brought them over. It got to the point where I was scared to come around the berm for fear of that Looney Tunes moment where I'd turn into a pork chop in their eyes. But we managed to keep them fed, and we still had some leavings to gnaw on over in the Man Cave.

We did have a good time over in the Man Cave, and I'm so glad I got to meet most of the Calverton crew at last. And now that I've actually seen Calverton, I understand a little more about why these guys are the way they are. They should turn the camera around the other way once in a while and show off the real Calverton. There be zombies.

Speaking of pictures - I'd love to see some from Saturday. Anyone? Bueller?

Nicely done, ladies! Thanks for coming from all over the country and showing us true dedication to the mission.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

AshleyC

I would like my first post on this forum to be a huge thank you to all of the instructors for coming out to Long Island for the first ever Lady Seed! I appreciate everyone's time and effort to spread their wealth of knowledge about shooting, as well as American history. Lauren and I had a great time, and I am very much looking forward to future events...with my orange hat ;D  I'd like to give a special 'thank you' to Betsy who spent a great deal of the day helping me; without her I don't think I would've shot rifleman!

And of course a big thanks to Western Rose and August Son for all their hard work taking amazing pictures!

I can't forget to thank Janine for the beautiful handcrafted bullet casing necklaces she made! If you haven't seen them please check out www.thebulletboutique.etsy.com

Basically, thank you everyone!! Congratulations to Ivy and Pat...and everyone else who came. We are all now a part of history - a successful 1st NY Lady Seed  O0

Josey Wales

....ANYTIME....ANYWHERE....FOR........GOOD PEOPLE.......................

..It was a pleasure to cook for all on Friday, "I got sauce on my shirt!".  Rich & Ann big thanks for your hospitality and opening up your home for the cause.  Getting to meet some of the Ladies of Appleseed was great.  To be able to show them respect and honor was my gift.  I know how much they do for our program and I appreciate their dedication and charm. 

.....Strength & Honor..................Josey Wales............................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

kDan

Thank you Ladies!!!

Nobody pulling anybody's finger here.

Forget the Rifleman; kiss the cook!

Our weak attempt at fighting back.  Not one girl even read these signs.

Close as I ever got.  This is with a wicked massive super awesome high power maxi zoom lense.

Hey, can you hear the girls from up there?  What are they saying about us?

Ishy talking to a target (about us).

Yeah...  listen, I'm wearing a pink shirt...  Yeah, pink...  You gotta get me outta here...

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

I just had to point this out...  if you look at this one of Craig's manslave pictures, check out Free2Scour on the left - he's all doing his 'nsync pose...  hysterical.  He's the bad boy in the group.

Moving left to right, I guess VietVet is the wiseguy, CharlieHotel is the sweetheart, ChrisO is the hottie, and I'm the one who's covered with ticks.

We almost had a boy band routine worked out - gonna call it the "brass dance" - but just try and get these jamokes to step kick turn without a pulled muscle or arthritic convulsion.  They couldn't remember any of the steps, and I don't know how he managed to do it, but CharlieHotel even crashed his motorcycle during rehearsal!
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

lakesideoflife

Like Ashley, I too would like my first post to be a big thank you to all the wonderful instructors who made the Calverton Ladyseed weekend possible. It was an amazing time, full of comradrie and support. Special thanks to Shoot Boss Mogs, Red Hats Cooper & Ratchett, and Orange Hat Lyberty for working with me one-on-one.

And the Manslaves too! (especially freetoscour, my legally-wedded manslav...er, Husband).

I am thrilled to be a part of this organization! CONGRATS to Ashley & Ivy, my fellow Rifle(wo)men and new 'Hats' - well done, ladies! See you at the next Appleseed.

Pat R.
Pat aka 'Lakeside'

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffusd and Virtue is preservd." ~Samuel Adams

"There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism." ~Alexander Hamilton

"The history of a free people is a history of hard choices." ~David Hackett Fischer

Hollstile

A huge thank you to all the instructors for coming out to the Island.  It was a joy to participate in the Lady seed, each instructor was very talented/cool in her own way.  It was great hearing the history from a womans point of view.  It was simply a whole lot of fun. 

I learned a lot, even though August Son snapped a picture showing me shooting in bad form! :-\   Thanks buddy...

fyi, I didn't completely break my rifle when the extractor fell out, the spring was still in the rifle and so my beloved husband / manslave CharlieHotel was able to fix it.

Congrats to all the New Rifle(wo)men!!!  It was fun shooting with ya lakesideoflife!!  Also, thanks to all the manslaves!

Holly H

lakesideoflife

Quote from: Hollstile on June 29, 2011, 11:20:33 PM
fyi, I didn't completely break my rifle when the extractor fell out, the spring was still in the rifle and so my beloved husband / manslave CharlieHotel was able to fix it.

Congrats to all the New Rifle(wo)men!!!  It was fun shooting with ya lakesideoflife!!  Also, thanks to all the manslaves!

Holly H

Awesome that you were able to get the rifle fixed, Holly! And it was a pleasure shooting all day with you on Sunday. You were wonderfully supportive and encouraging! And we have cool pink hats!  ^:)^

Pat R :---
Pat aka 'Lakeside'

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffusd and Virtue is preservd." ~Samuel Adams

"There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism." ~Alexander Hamilton

"The history of a free people is a history of hard choices." ~David Hackett Fischer

Western Rose

Just returned to Ohio last night. Heading out to Dundee, MI tomorrow. Will post pictures and more when possible.

I will say that this LadySeed was AWESOME and it was an honor to be there and meet the people that I was able to meet. Thank you all for making it happen.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

R1SGx2

Good Job by all on the Island, Rich - in pink?
Nice photo's.

And to all who accepted a Hat of any color, thank you.

Appleseed is where good people come together to save OUR Nation.
Your journey has just begun. We have a long way to go.

QuoteMogget, Ratchett, Brickhouse, Cooper,
Western Rose, Ishy, Lyberty, Who-Me? and Heather.
Thank you for making it happen.

And also to the Island Manslaves, hope they let you off the Island.... - Thank you.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Cooper

It was an honor and a priviledge to work with everyone: the students, instructors and support gentlemen.  Cross-pollination for the salvation of the Nation!
Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Lyberty

Wow!  This was my first Ladyseed, and I'm pretty sure I'll try to make more of them!!!  An great shoot with talented shooters, awsome instructors, and pleasent weather.  Congrats to our Rifle"wo"men, orange hats, blue hat, and Shoot-like-a-girl-if-you-can pink hats.

Lyberty
"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation."
2 Samuel 22:47

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."  John F. Kennedy

Ratchett

What an amazing weekend!! The Liberty-minded Ladies of New York were out in full force and eager to show they "Could Shoot Like a Girl" in top notch fashion! Eager attitudes, willingness to learn, and smiles all around from the beginning is the prayer of any instructor going into a shoot, and by golly the ladies of New York let no one down. From seasoned markswomen to those handling a rifle for the first time, they got down to business and shrinking shot groups just kept coming. FANTASTIC job ladies O0 O0

I gotta say the men of New York are really good sports as all donned a bright pink "Ladyseed Manslave and Proud of It" shirt from the early hours of Saturday morning and sported them the whole shoot! Those guys are dedicated to their Ladies of Liberty! THANK YOU MANSLAVES for all your hard work in setting up the target line and range, plus keeping everyone fed all weekend, not to mention all the behind the scene stuff to get the shoot off the ground. You guys rock!

Thank you to Harry and the Calverton Range for letting us invade the territory, also for the 'special accommodations' on Sunday ;)

Rich and Anne you guys are awesome! Such gracious hosts who opened their home to strangers from all over the country. We were definitely spoiled all weekend. Special thanks to you both! ..:.. ..:..

I hope I can make it back for another Calverton shoot, great range, but super people!!!

Happy shooting to all!
In His Grip,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Western Rose

Some of these are out of order... but here they are. Sorry for taking so long to post these.

Calverton LadySeed

Calverton Instructors and "Manslaves"

And for those of you who like them: "Artsy" Shots at Calverton

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

lakesideoflife

Thanks so much, August Son and Western Rose for the awesome photos of the Calverton LadySeed! Such great memories.  ..:..

Pat aka 'Lakeside'