News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR College Station TX June 4-5 2011

Started by sleepy Joe, June 07, 2011, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy Joe

We held another event at the College Station Range (Cawthorn Cartridge Club, www.cccshooters.com) We had a low turnout, and a lot of heat. It reached 100 degrees both days.  4 shooters Saturday and two on Sunday. An Appleseed vetran, Tom, returned and continued to improve. He hit a high score of 240 and was happy to achieve it.  Carolyn also improved and reached into the 180's.  We sent 116 rounds down range on Saturday, and 211 on Sunday.
Hopefully we can get the word out and have more attendees at the next shoot in September.

Thanks to Baminal for helping out and for promoting to a Red Hat, and to Steve the host.

see you on the trail
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

I will post some photos when I get them off my camera
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

Here are the first set of pictures
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

next set of photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more to look at
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more to come
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

took a lot of photos, Thanks Brian, Tyler, Carolyn, and Tom for a successful event
By the numbers

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Cool!

Glad to see Tom increasing his AQT threshold.  :---

I missed you guys, but I did have fun working with the ladies.  ^-^
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

Boy, that was a hot weekend. College Station is a really nice place for a shoot too.

Wow, 240, that's some good shooting.

Did y'all have to 'rough it' in the cabin again?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

sleepy Joe

I stayed with Baminal, Steve had others in the bunkhouse
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more for your viewing pleasure
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more photos
By the numbers

Baminal

Thanks to the dedication, patience and positive attitude of not only Joe, but the instructors at Davilla in April, my dear Carolyn is now 'on the trail' and looking forward to her next shoot. O0

Of course that means I'm on the hook to build her a dedicated 10-22, but I would have just blown the money on a Saiga anyway.

Oh, I guess I'll have to add balloons and helium to my shoot bag for a while ;D
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

sleepy Joe

Quote from: Baminal on June 08, 2011, 10:58:04 PM
Thanks to the dedication, patience and positive attitude of not only Joe, but the instructors at Davilla in April, my dear Carolyn is now 'on the trail' and looking forward to her next shoot. O0

Of course that means I'm on the hook to build her a dedicated 10-22, but I would have just blown the money on a Saiga anyway.

Oh, I guess I'll have to add balloons and helium to my shoot bag for a while ;D

The ballons were a big help
By the numbers

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Baminal - Congrats on the wife showing up and the RED HAT!

What's up with the ballons?
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Baminal

You don't know about the balloon method?  I thought all you 'seasoned' red hats knew all the tips and tricks

At Davilla in April,  Carolyn got spoiled because her backer had the number 18 spray painted in orange about a foot tall, so it was painfully obvious which backer was hers (without having to look for the paper numbers).  Saturday in CS she was teasing that she missed her orange spray paint and was shooting around 120's  :-\

While we were setting up Sunday morning, I found this bunch of balloons stuck a ways up in a tree, retrieved them, and attached them to her target backer.  Now I'm not saying that this had anything to do with her shooting, but she ended the day in the mid 180's with Tom's custom 10/22 :---

thus my intention to build her a custom 10/22, and put balloons in the range bag  O0

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

TN_Dadx5

Looks like you could use some of those pop-up shelters...
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed