News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard MA 6/18-19 After action report.

Started by lupis42, June 22, 2011, 09:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupis42

What a weekend! 

All in, 19 braved sun, heat, and rumors of thunderstorms to hear their heritage, and hopefully learn a little something about shooting.  Everyone improved remarkably, with one young lady going from 3" groups on Saturday morning to a 192 :o on Sunday, and no less than 5 new rifleman, with scores ranging from 2 back 210s (Steve wanted to cool off) to a 233 by Ron.

It is, as always, a pleasure and an honor to teach people of this caliber.

AmericaStandsStrong, I know you have some pictures...

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

AmericaStandsStrong

Pics

Mr.Freedom

As predicted so aptly by Eric Goodpiper, the Harvard crew managed to drag me over the line with a 211. Kicking and screaming all the way!!! I owe a lot of thanks to a lot of different instructors. From Dwarven1 pointing out the hole my toe was digging at Leyden, to my son Blake patiently explaining NPOA to me for the umpteenth time.

I have had great training from day one. Metalgodz, Nightjade, Luv2bFree, Lupis42, Goodpiper, Dave down in Rhode Island, MIke931x, voidoid, Sprocket and anyone else I might be missing.

Most importantly I have found a new, deeper love for my country and our heritage. So proud to be an American and a Appleseed Rifleman!!

And now we can all say it together, "LIKE SON, LIKE FATHER"!

Mike P.
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

AmericaStandsStrong

More pics

AmericaStandsStrong

and even more

AmericaStandsStrong

Hopefully this will be the last post (Sorry, only let's me upload so many pics at a time.)

voidoid

This was a real nice shoot.  I've never been to an AS at Harvard that didn't have a little bad weather, but it was bright and sunny (if a little hot) all weekend. 

We had a great bunch of shooters.  I could tell they were excellent listeners because I didn't have to repeat myself to see adjustments being made to form and technique.  I think we'll see a lot of comebacks after this one, and I'm pretty sure a couple of the riflemen we made will eventually take an orange hat. 

EDIT: I can't say how proud I am of MrFreedom for making that score.  It was maybe his second AQT and he nailed it.  Talk about PERSISTENCE!  Looking forward to seeing him calling the line.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

MattNES

Quote from: lupis42 on June 22, 2011, 09:58:42 AM
What a weekend! 

All in, 19 braved sun, heat, and rumors of thunderstorms to hear their heritage, and hopefully learn a little something about shooting.  Everyone improved remarkably, with one young lady going from 3" groups on Saturday morning to a 192 :o on Sunday, and no less than 5 new rifleman, with scores ranging from 2 back 210s (Steve wanted to cool off) to a 233 by Ron.

It is, as always, a pleasure and an honor to teach people of this caliber.

AmericaStandsStrong, I know you have some pictures...
I really enjoyed this shoot. This was probably the most diverse age, skill set, and rifles types shoot I have ever instructed. I learned quite a bit and our participants all seemed to walk away very happy. Everyone was safe and enthusiastic. Well done!
A right that goes unexercised soon devolves into a privilege, and finally a crime.

AmericaStandsStrong

I have to agree with MattNES, good weather, no real safety problems. Everyone seemed to have a load of fun. Here is a video I got of Rifleman Steve (210) with his stunning M1 Garand. Does anyone remember what company produced it? http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericaStandsStrong1?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/3gBZBmj1Q5U

Blake

voidoid

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

Mr.Freedom

Hey! I just figured out what that turtle stood for and why it showed up when it did. Thats how long it took me to shoot Riflemen  ;D The turtle almost beat me to the finish line heh heh
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine