News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Corona, CA June 18-19, 2011

Started by Freeman, June 22, 2011, 03:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeman

What can I say? Another weekend, another amazing Appleseed. Finally, the weather returned to true Corona fashion and we were blessed with a weekend without rain. It even got pretty hot. Despite the weather, there were no sunshine patriots here, rather, a tremendous group of folks who persisted in true Appleseed style.

To a person, everyone improved their shooting over the course of the weekend. We started from a pretty good position marksmanship-wise at the first Red Coat, but things clearly got even better throughout the weekend. The biggest jump in marksmanship came soon after the natural point of aim teaching. You could almost see the light bulbs going off in people's heads.

Though many people this weekend embodied the principles of the Appleseed Rifleman, no one represented it more than our good friend May, who joined the ranks of the California riflemen this weekend. She has worked as diligently as anyone to reach that goal and the IE instructors were glad to get to award her the patch.

This weekend continued an exciting trend we have been seeing at Corona, which is the growing number of families we have been seeing come out to Appleseed. We had no less than 6 families show up this weekend and allow us to participate in passing the tradition of American heritage and rifle marksmanship on to the next generation. Passing out the Luther Blanchard patches to the younger guys and gals is always the highlight of my weekend.

So chime in here and let us know what you thought of the weekend. What things did you like? What things could we do differently or better? Also, we love to post pictures in the after action reports, so please post them up. If you can't host them to the forum, you can send them to Freeman (at) AppleseedCalifornia (dot) org and I will host and post them for you.

See you on the Appleseed trail... O0
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Justin

Great shoot, great people, great times! I just wish I could have been there for both days. A big congratulations to May and her achievement. Congratulations, I hope to see you in the future on the trail. I can't think of anywhere else I would have rather been. Thanks to all that attended.
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Romeo

Quote from: Freeman on June 22, 2011, 03:40:17 AM

What things could we do differently or better?

I wasn't there the whole weekend, but was the appleseed AAR forums mentioned to the students?  I noticed that some of the past AARs from Corona don't have many replies...

On a positive note, I believe that May's score of Rifleman with a difficult-to-reload CA Legal Bullet Button AR15 is proof that persistence and skill matters much more than the most expensive or the most technologically advanced whiz bang gear.  Congratulations, May!