News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Annapolis MD 18 June 2011

Started by Big H, June 20, 2011, 08:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big H

It was our privilege to present a one-day AppleSeed for Wounded Warrior Alumni and guests. It was a wonderful event!

I would like to thank our range hosts for the fantastic support: donating the high power range during one of their few centerfire week-ends, covered firing line with electric fans, volunteers to direct traffic, donated snacks/drinks/hot bbq lunch, loaner rifles and ammo, the list goes on... Thank you so much for making everything smooth!

My thanks to the instructors who came from ID, OH, NY, PA, MD to support the Warriors. The history and marksmanship instruction, with interesting regional twists, excelled. We could not have done it without you!

And thanks to our students, for your service to our country, and for your great attitude. The improvements were impressive, including shooting .22 rifles at 100 yards!

Photos coming soon.

Ratchett

What an honor and a blessing it was to work with some of the finest men and women I have ever met! John, Kanya, David, and Guillermo thank you soo much for coming out, participating in Appleseed and giving our marksmanship clinic a try. Chris and Kathy, thanks to you for coming out to see what we were about, we sure did miss you in the afternoon!

THANK YOU for the sacrifice made for each of us and this country. Words cannot express the gratitude, thank you is extremely inadequate. God Bless each of you!!!

Progress was made by all shooters and Rifleman patches are in the future.

AAF&G and the local BOTG did an amazing job working with the Wounded Warrior program to make this shoot happen and to be a success. Thank you for hosting all of us!!

It was great to work with AS instructors from different regions. Cannot wait until our paths cross again! SOM, SOM!

In His Grip,
Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

GoldFish

Wow, what a weekend!  To all the shooters that came out to spend a day with us at the range, thank you.  It was OUR honor to have you with us; I can't express in words my thanks to all you have given and sacrificed for our Country. 

Big H, lpgrcfrank, and VietVet, it was a pleasure meeting and working with you.  BeSwift and Patent guy, it was great seeing you again, and thank you to you two, our LBOTG, for doing the behind-the-scenes legwork and making this run as smoothly as possible.  To the part of the instructor crew that's like family, I look forward to working with you each and every time, and this was no different. ;)

I hope to see ya'll again soon!!!

Pictures to come soon...because it did happen!

*Edit*  Being that WR already posted, I won't be redundant and re-post practically the same pix. :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

VietVet

What more can be said.
To give a little something back to those who gave so much, truly was an honor.
Thank you to all those that took part in this event.

To our Wounded Warriors, you made us very proud. Not only of you but of all our Military personnel. This also was a reminder of the sacrifices our Men and Women are making for us today.

Thank you for your service.

To the Instructor crew, thank you.
I thank all of you for what you did to make this a truly rewarding event for everyone.

Hopefully we'll all meet again along the Appleseed trail.

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Western Rose

It was an honor to be a part of this event. A HUGE thank you to each of our Wounded Warriors.

Thank you to everyone who made this event happen.

Instructors, it was great to put faces to names and work with you.

My apologies for not posting pictures yet. I will have them up as soon as I'm back in the saddle. (Or Ishy might post them for me)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

OK, pictures here we come....

Photobucket link: http://s879.photobucket.com/albums/ab354/April191775/Annapolis%20MD%20Wounded%20Warrior%20Seed%20June%2018/
Password: AnnapolisMD

I will post *some* of them here. Take a look at the photobucket link for more pictures.

Frank telling the first strike

VietVet

Listening

Ratchett and Goldfish going over the slings and prone

Patent Guy

VietVet instructing the six steps

Part of the line

Kanya

When lunch time hit, we headed up to the clubhouse

And Ratchett told a GREAT second strike

Back on the line

Ishy talking about Nancy Hart

Farthest to closest: BeSwift, VietVet, G-Man

More marksmanship instruction

NPOA

Seated

Goldfish telling the third strike

Guillermo and Goldfish

The instructors of the weekend

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

BeSwift

Great pics WR... Thank You for posting!!!   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations