News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: New Bremen, NY June 18-19, 2011

Started by boltgun71, June 19, 2011, 11:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boltgun71

What a fantastic weekend for an Appleseed in New Bremen, NY!  We had 7 dedicated shooters this past weekend and beautiful sunny weather all weekend.  Better than half of our shooters were new to Appleseed.  Throughout the weekend remarkable improvement was made by all.  How remarkable you ask?  By Sunday afternoon we had 4 new Riflemen!  Congratulations goes to Sam with a 212, Angela with a 220, Trinity with a 218, and Mike with a 211.  Great job on becoming Riflemen/Riflewomen! 

Sam is a Air Force Veteran, father of IIT USCavalryman, and a cancer survivor and this was his 6th Appleseed.  Persistance paid off and he just knew he would get Rifleman and he did. 

Angela now was new to Appleseed and had ZERO experience shooting.  She literally had a few minute long familiarization with a 10/22 on friday night prior to the Appleseed and that was it.  She listened well, followed the 6 steps, had fun, and before you knew it was shooting 4 MOA or less and shot the high score of 220 on the AQT for the weekend. 

This was Trinity's 2nd or 3rd Appleseed and she was committed to scoring Rifleman as well this weekend and of course she did.  She knocked out her Rifleman score on a RFAQT ran by Gunville, doing the RFAQT she didnt have time to fuss the shots.  But she had to have a tan patch to be different from her husband Joe who shot Rifleman last year at New Bremen and got a green one. 

Mike shot great all weekend, had a few rifle issues, swapped guns a few times, and on Sunday settled into a groove and knocked out a honest 211. 

All the other shooters shot fantastic as well and improved greatly throught the weekend. 

On Sunday Spartan gave a great KD class and all the shooters had the opportunity to shoot KD with their rimfire at 100yds or centerfire out to 400yds.  Once again the ladies, Angela and Trinity, set the standard and consistently shot 2-3 MOA groups centered in the black with a borrowed AR-15 with only a GI sling for support all the way out to 400yds.  Oh and neither had ever fired an AR-15 before.  Mikes son used a iron sighted Mosin Nagant M38 to hit targets all the way out to 400yds.  His shoulder took a pounding but he did great nonetheless.

A thanks goes to all of the shooters this weekend who came out, had fun, learned a thing or two, and overall made this shoot a success.

A thanks also goes to Spartan and Gunville who did a terriffic job instructing and working the line this weekend.  It was a pleasure working with both of you and I look forward to working with you both again.

Odin

Awesom job guys.  Another great event at New Bremen.
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

Spartan

It was a great and safe weekend.  The persistence and drive of the shooters was phenomenal.  From bearing hot brass down the shirt while obeying rule #1 to firing a mosin all day and finally, 4 out of 7 shooting riflemen ; an impressive team!  Great job by Gunville and Boltgun 71.
HOOAH!
"With your shield or on it"

Spartan

Trinity,
Congrats on IIT!!!!  Thank you so much for stepping up and being a part of it.  We can really appreciate all of your help in the program and for our country.  Im sure everything will go swell with the knee this week!!!

gunville

An absolute pleasure working with Boltgun71 and Spartan.

The weather wasn't up to Sgt. Rock's shooting prefernces (blizzard, 60mph gusts, or pouring rain) - we had to suffer through sunny days and a slight breeze (just enough to keep the bugs down!)

The best part of the weekend was the shooters - seeing shrinking group sizes and persistent effort. By the end of the first day I had seen 4moa or better groups from ALL of them - it came to putting it all together.

Angela is classic proof the Appleseed instruction works - from 0 to 220 in 2 days!  all she had to bring was a teachable attitude - and she did! I'm certain she's made someone in country very happy! O0

Mike's 211 was with my LTR - so I'm proud (another notch in the stock!) I want to see him do it with his Mosy...

Kudos to all the cny912'ers: I think they surprised Boltgun and Spartan in history knowledge because they clearly know what they are about...  I hope they return to wreck havoc on some red coats. (Refreshed, they will surely clean some targets - I think maybe I beat them on the AQT anvil a bit too severly  ~~:))

Trinity - congrats - and I did not realize she took the hat (let's get her through promotion so when she goes back to Alaska she can bring Appleseed with her!)

-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

R1SGx2

QuoteTrinity - congrats - and I did not realize she took the hat
NICE- Thank you for stepping up.

QuoteKudos to all the cny912'ers: I think they surprised Boltgun and Spartan in history knowledge because they clearly know what they are about...
Love it when people show knowing our heritage and talk it.....

Nice work Boltgun71 and team.

Team Northeast on the move
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Spartan

Absolutely! The cny912 were a pleasant surpise on how well they knew our history and heritage!  I was amazed .

Rattlehead

Sounds like an outstanding shoot!  Congrats to the new riflemen.  Sam I know I've seen you up there at least twice before; I'm glad to see the perseverance paid off!

sgtrock

Nice work guys

Congratulations to all the new riflemen, and to Trinity for Joining the Ranks of the Instructor Corps,, Thank You,,

Angela,,, Nice Job, What an Absolutely Outstanding Accomplishment

Outstanding report

sgtrock

Josey Wales

..AAhhhh.....New Breman.....My first Appleseed event, it was??? May or June of 2009.  I met gunville, B9, Nickle, Imker, and a few other long lost NY/VT Instructors that I hope to see again some day.  Good memories to me.  Thanks to the Instructors who keep New Breman "alive".  Boltgun71, Spartan, gunville great job and thanks for all you do.. Rattlehead and USCalvaryman you guys too..  It is nice to know all the way down state that upstate so far away are the likes of like minded people, my fellow Instructors, my Friends, who I know are doing a fine job of Appleseeding........

.............Strength & Honor......................Josey Wales...........................
.............For New York State......For The Nation..........Project Appleseed........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

PHenry

JW,
There is iron in your words of Liberty.  ^-^

I too enjoy greatly thinking back to my first event. The people I met - the experience. It's funny now - I look at the pics (entire AS photo file is my screen saver) and don't recognize but a fraction of the attendees, as I was so focused on what I was doing. I do however, remember the instructors - they are larger than life in my mind's eye.

They was just "ordinary" Americans - men and women. What made them differnt, was the value they placed upon Liberty.

May the Lord bless every Appleseeder - instructors and attendees alike. Men and women who respect the ideals of the Founders.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Trinity419

I tried putting these up the first day after the shoot but i didn't have access, and then life took over, so now i have them and am putting them up for all to enjoy. The first 4 are pic's of the 4 new riflemen, and the 5th is me excepting the privilege of becoming an instructor. sorry we didn't get more of the rest of the group, will take more pics next time! Congrats to all, great shoot.