News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Falls

Started by Spartan24, April 09, 2011, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan24

Are there any Appleseed events scheduled or thinking of being scheduled in or around the Great Falls area? I have my folks who live there and that is where I grew up. It would be great to come visit them and do an AS. I am sure I could pull in my fiance and dad too. I haven't seen anything so I thought I would ask.

Steve
An orange hat in NV that misses MT :'(
"Just name a hero and I'll prove he's a bum." - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington

Mark Davis

We will have a shoot scheduled at Boulder Sept 24-25 and possibly another in June.
No date has been scheduled for June yet.
We had a big conflict with the May date Bru listed and are working on the details.
Boulder is about 30 miles SW of Helena on I-15.
About 120 miles or so from Great Falls, Not that far in either Montana or Nevada point of veiw.
We are having a shoot in Three Forks this weekend April 9-10, and next weekend in Billings.
I would be glad to meet you.
Mark

TrebleShooter

Lol. That means that over 50% of our NV instructor crew are Montanans.  Epic **) **) **)
Would LOVE to make it up there and do a shoot. and RBC would be even better....

Mark Davis

The land owner at Three Forks wants to host another Rifleman Boot Camp, this year would be the third.
Paid attendees need to be plentiful enough to pay a qualified instructor's travel expenses. Pretty tough up here where everyone "KNOWS" how to shoot.
UUHH, how come they can't clean the redcoat target?
The range is beautiful, panoramic veiws of green river bottems, snow capped peaks and rocky hills.

Mark Davis

Oh and did I mention steel targets at 400,500, 600, and 1000 yards?

Countree

Hello I am new on here but i am a director for the rifle club up here in GF. We just set a weekend for an appleseed and i just got done talking to clodhopper about it last night! July 9th and 10th! more info to come!

mtmisfit

That's great!

Would love to be there but Bru & I will be in Wisconsin that weekend.  :(
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

Mark Davis

Thanks for the heads up misfit, time will be short when we get this listed. Have fun in WI!

Countree

It is officially on the gfssc.net site!

Mark, i sent the app on down to you on thursday so hopefully you will have it by monday... if not already!

i cant wait to get fliers out and start promoting project appleseed! 

doc with a Glock

:---
Western Rose,

The zip for the GFSSC is 59404. The flyer has it listed as 50404. I'm not sure if you can change it now.

Doc