News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A.A.R.,, THROOP, NY,,, 11-12 JUN 2011

Started by sgtrock, June 13, 2011, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

Throop, NY     11-12 Jun 2011
I would like to Thank the owner of the Throop Range for being a most generous host, to open your place for so many shoots, is appreciated very much!!!

Folks,,, this was one shoot, that I am so glad to have been a part of,,,

We had on our line a family of 4 Americans that just made our year,,, Tim, His Wife Deb, Sons, John and Tim Jr,,,
They are, to say the least, The best type of students to have,,,, eager to learn, is an understatement,,,
They absorbed the information, till their cups ran over,,, but they persevered like the Great American Patriots that they are,,, So like minded and so understanding of the mission at hand, and the message that we teach,,, they are truly welcomed back to my line anyday, anywhere, always,,, This shoot was on the small side, but I tailored it to this family that came out to enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers fought and died to give us,,, The weather held off for Saturday, just cloudy, but Sunday morning it rained for a while, that gave us time for some review,  we had a covered range, its tight, ,with shooting benches concreted to the pad,,, so we had them in between, each bench until the rained stopped, and then we got out on the grass, (I know what your thinking,,, sgtrock had them under a roof shooting and protected from the elements, what is wrong with him today) aaaahhh I can be a user friendly shoot boss at times, it was warrented, believe me, We all had a great time at this event,,, one that I shall not forget for sometime,,, The camaraderie was awesome, they even fed us,,,Thank You So Much,,,
The improvement of this family this weekend was refreshing,,, Brand new to the Rifleman world, other than plinking and hunting,,, They did a fantastic job on the line,,, Safe, Attentive, Enthusiastic, Eager to learn, How  could you possibly ask for more, from the Rochester area of NY, They first heard about us in Backwoods Home Magazine (Their Favorite) and they also attended the NRA Convention and spoke with our guys at the Appleseed Booth,,, and found that Throop, NY was not too far from them, so they came, learned and enjoyed a great weekend of freedom like no other country on earth,,,, Tim is an excavation contractor and Tim Jr, and John are home schooled,,,, Deb, Tim,,,, you doing a fine job with those young men of yours,,, IMC was a blast with these kids, they are as fast with arithmetic as a calculator, and funny all weekend long,,, so honest, and a willingness to learn, that you don't see to often,,, Awesome Jobs Guys

Instructors, vibbit (Bob) and K-Wolf (Kevin) did an outstanding job of instructing, which their presents at this shoot was more than welcomed, and very much Appreciated,, I do hope we can all get back together soon for round 2 with this family on the range,,,

It's late, I will get pictures up tommorrow when I am better rested,,,

sgtrock

Another D.O.M.

This is fantastic!  This range at Throop continues to provide us with an opportunity to instruct and interact with some of the finest folks.  I'm pleased that you were able to SB this event sgtrock.

Thanks to vibbit & K-Wolf for signing up for the second weekend in three weeks at this range - without your continued dedication to the shooters of the Central/Western NY area there are many who might not be able to attend an Appleseed.

And thanks also to the family who attended.  Your support of our program is greatly appreciated, and your willingness to give up your weekends to learn of our history and heritage is invaluable to our efforts.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sgtrock

Here are some pictures from this event,,, there should be a couple more, but I can't get them to move off the camera chip thing, to the table top computer thing, Have to wait till my daughter gets home from school for help,,, as always,,,, again,,,

But anyways,,, Here's our Patriots

Josey Wales

..SgtRock, Vibbit & Kwolf,
..Thank You!! for all your efforts.  Getting out there and teaching is what you do and we appreciate you..  Those the Shepard's like you, who take the flame in hand and do with it what needs to to be done, like lighting the darkness so the flock of sheep can walk safely and stay on the path of Liberty, and to light the way so the wolves can be seen at a distance for what they are, confiscators of Liberty and supporters of oppression and tyranny..
..You make a difference and Appleseed is making a difference.....
..Thanks My Brothers....................Strength & Honor......................Josey Wales....
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Deb

sgtrock,
   My family and I would like to express our gratitude for all that you, vibbit, and K-Wolf did for us this past weekend at The Appleseed Shoot. We didn't quite know what to expect going in, not typically being "group" people or "joiners". It is becoming increasingly difficult to find like minded people who we want to spend our free time with. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that you and your organization share our love of Freedom, Liberty and Country.

The children were thrilled with your stories of the history and heroes of The Revolutionary War; so much so that we located a unit study on the subject which we will begin tomorrow and complete over the summer. I have been trying to get them interested in history since I pulled them out of public school. It took a real American hero such as yourself to finally draw them in. Thank you. I truly look forward to another shoot with you and your organization in the near future.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but for me, give me liberty or give me death!"-PATRICK HENRY  "Don't say sorry. It's a sign of weakness."-SGTROCK

With Respect and Gratitude,
                                                                         Deb

vibbit

This was a small shoot but with a beautiful family. Eager and willing to learn, With only 4 shooters. Mom, Pop and two sons John and Tim Jr. They came with very teachable spirits. I can't say anymore then what sgtrock stated above.

Raise up the children in the way they should go and when they are old they shall not depart from it.
For freedom to be lost would be the greatest disaster to this Country. Never to be regained.
Hope to meet this family again along the trail.
Great job folks.

vibbit
Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...
They are the only sure reliance for the preservation
of our liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
Thomas Jefferson

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it
and hang on. 
Thomas Jefferson

sgtrock

Deb, Tim, John, Tim Jr.

So glad you able to find your way to an event, and to the forums here, it was a pleasure to have you folks on the line,,, there are 3 more events on the schedule for this year at Throop, NY, and others around this state, My home range of Burlington Flats is approx 3 hrs away from your location, with 3 more events as well, if you are interested. It's a nice range, with power hook up, not fancy, just country, good roads in and out, plenty of parking,,,
Thank you for the kind words and I am glad you had a great time, and welcome to the forums, There is a lot of info on here that I think may interest you,,

Best Regards

sgtrock

R1SGx2

O0 O0 Sgt Rock, good work, nice photo's...
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."