News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bakersfield, Ca. June 25-26, 2011

Started by Cal 7.62, June 28, 2011, 08:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

At first glance it looked like this shoot was going to be a bust.  :'(  We had NO pre-regs at all. Just days earlier I had read some AAR's of others who had no attendees. Well as any SB worth his salt would do, I made lemonade out of lemons.  :cool2:

I ran the seed like we had students, although I skipped the intro. (We did have a roadrunner visit briefly, but he wasn't interested) $$-0
Me and Moose took turns explaining Safety rules,safe rifle, hangfires,etc, intro'd the redcoats and then took turns calling the line and shooting the COF. (at least we got some range time in)  :~
It started getting warm, so I broke out my brand new ez-up I didn't get to use for the Feb. shoot. We even got to an AQT before lunch! Moose was working on his history, so I let him do 1st & 3rd strikes. We wrapped up Sat about 4PM.

Sun. was a different story! We had a previous seeder who was ready to help out any way he could.  @)
David wanted an Orange Hat, and we were going to do all we could to get him into one! Since he was our only attendee he got lots of personal attention.  Redcoat, squares, then right into AQT's. He was ready to rock! A little too much, we had to get him to SLLLOOWWWW down. Right before lunch he got a 199, gettin close!  While I was at the range house getting lunch , Moose did a quick review with our future rifleman. Good job Moose!  O0

While we were telling the DOM's/DOD's David's range buddy Mark (a NRA rifle, pistol, shotgun, home defense instructor) came by and was interested in the program. After finishing the history we invited him to shoot an AQT with us. But just before we did, a dust devil came across the range, blew the whole taget line over, (we had only secured it in two places with t-posts) and ripped a few  unused redcoats and one or two AQT's off and sent them hundreds of feet aloft on the breeze. (We let David give him the safety rules/safe rifle while I filled in the gaps and brought him up to speed) Mark shot a 217  on his 1st AQT.  Way to go Mark! Well that got David fired up, he was doing good but he just had to slow down. Finally we had............. drum roll please........... Two Riflemen!  O0 O0
David gets a 214!
Now I could die a happy man. ^:)^  Not really, but you know.

A few more AQT's then onto the final redcoat. Benediction time, some founding fathers quotes, 7th steppin, and, do I have some patches for you boys?!  Smile for the camera!  Oh wait, someone needs a hat, David! Say Cheese
What a great weekend. O0
P.S. I think Mark wants a hat too!

Pictures coming shortly

"I knew the time when the thought of SBing would have frightened me almost to death; but I have since tried it, and find I can stand it" ..................... Cal 7.62
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

Pictures
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

More Pics.

SavageShootr

Awesome way to handle Saturday!!! Great opportunity to get some practice.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new CA Riflemen!!

Welcome New CA IIT!!! Thanks for stepping up.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete