News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Bremen, July 16/17 2011

Started by Rattlehead, July 17, 2011, 11:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rattlehead

So as SGTRock and I were standing at the range, having already completed our morning-of prep, awaiting our second (of two known to us) shooter, a couple arrived at the range.  As the amiable conversation began, it quickly gravitated toward what each had in mind for the range.  They mentioned that they were there to sight in their hunting rifles and get some practice at 300m at the KD range. 

"I'm here to find out why I can't hit anything at 300 yards...", Pam explained.  And so the saga began....

After sgtrock explained what Appleseed was, what we were doing that weekend, they decided to join us.  They were soon joined by another family of three who had heard of the shoot by word of mouth bringing our total to seven.

Saturday we managed to get through everything but full distance, taking a short break from the firing line to head to the shade during lunch to cover history.

Sunday proved to be hotter, but nothing to hold back the instruction - everyone remained hydrated and persevered.  Sgtrock took several of the shooters over to the KD line, demonstrating how the fundamentals on a 22LR at 25m apply to a 270 at distance and the battlesight zero crossings for 223 with a mini-14.  At the same time, the shooters who wished to continue working on the AQT remained on the 25m line.

At the end of Sunday, one of our shooters and a repeat rifleman, Canadian Princess accepted the Orange Hat.  Welcome to the Appleseed Instructor Corps!

The weekend turned out to be an outstanding experience for all.  We had gorgeous (albeit hot and sunny) weather, and all shooters showed tremendous improvement.

Spartan

HOOAH HOOAH and a HIGH Five!!!  Great job to Canadian princess again!  Applseed instructor International!!
Glad to see you guys had a big crowd and sold folks on Appleseed.  Congrats on your first SBIT shoot Rattlehead!!!!  WTG SGT Rock!
"With your shield or on it"

sgtrock

I would like to Thank The New Bremen Fish and Game Club, for letting us Have access to their range for this event,,,, It is folks like you that are really helping to better America,,,

And we have a Canadian Princess amongst us as an IIT, that is so cool, she will be a Great Asset to our organization, Welcome to the Instructor Corps,,, The Ultimate Border Raider,,,

This shoot was a fantastic event, Everything came to together just right,,, the timing, the people, being at the right place at the right time, to hear about us, and by word of mouth, just like what happened in 1775,,, it will be,,, if it is meant to be,,, and this shoot was,,, meant to be,,,
The folks that landed on our door step were of Great American Stock, they were eager to learn, and showed outstanding achievement through out the weekend, and when they went to Known Distance with what they brought, and found out that those itty-bitty targets can and will be perforated, I think that just made their day, because they did not use bi-bods or rests or sand bags, just slings,,, this is so cool,,, I really enjoy seeing peoples faces light up when they do well at something that most people only dream of or are not wanting to even try, these fine folks did a beautiful job learning and applying the fundamentals,,,

Like Rattlehead said, this weekend started out with Zero Pre- regs, the family of three, Cathy, Jesse and Jai, registered at the very last min, and their names did not show up on the preregistration list, We were glad to see them arrive and say we registered at the last min because of log on problems with their computer,,, nevertheless they came,,

Pam and Elwin, who will be going on a Caribou hunt shortly, "just wanted to check their Zero's" when we explained what we were about to do all weekend, they decided to join us, I am so glad they did, what a wonderful couple to have with us,,, I do wish them success on their trip,,,

SGT Kyle F. (unofficial promotion by me) is an outstanding young man that is serving our country, and did an outstanding job on the line, but was unable to join us on sunday,,, he is always welcome back to our line,,,

All of these fine, fine folks are welcome back anytime,,,

We all parted ways at the end of the shoot on sunday, but with a renewed sense of belonging to a country that is the greatest on earth, and what it takes to keep her strong and moving forward, Our history that we present to our students is so important, that we must never waiver in our beliefs, fore if we do, weekends like this one,,, will be a thing of the past,,, and only a memory for us, I don't want to see that happen,,,,

Keep Appleseeding, It works and is a proven positive way to go,,,,

sgtrock

LittleMo

Congrats on successfull event, and congrats to Canadian Princess! O0

The couple will be talking about and applying what they learned while traveling to and while on their hunt!

7th stepping - word of mouth - DOES work! :)

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Canadian Princess

Many thanks to all those who have passed along their congrats. I am excited to participate as an orange hat and assist others at future shoots. I will likely take part in the appleseed events held at the Messena location.

The event this past weekend was thoroughly enjoyable with well-paced instruction and ample opportunity for practical application. It proved to be a great learning experience for all.

Thank you sgtrock and rattlehead!

Another D.O.M.

"Thumbs Up" seems inadequate here.  In Appleseed we have huge successes (a live-fire Appleseed event in the heart of Manhattan!); and we have huge successes that sometimes slip past the attention of those who are watching.  This is a case of the latter.

A job well done to our instructors and our shooters.

Congratulations to Canadian Princess, and thank you for accepting the responsibilities of becoming an Appleseed instructor.  I know you're already well on your way to becoming one of our finest - you've worked hard at this and already have an IBC on your résumé.  I'm looking forward to working with you again.

Thanks to all who helped make this one of our huge successes!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sgtrock

We do have some pictures, My camera took a dump late in the day on sunday, we used a cell phone for a couple of pictures of Canadian Princess accepting the Hat, and a group picture, I will try to get the pictures up today,,,

Odin

Great job Rattlehead and Sgtrock and welcome Canadian Princess.

Sounds like you both did another fine shoot with outstanding Americans.
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

sgtrock

Here are some pictures of our shoot, didn't get many, I hope the ones from Rattlehead' cell phone came out ok, my camera died,,,

Saturday Morning history, 1st strike to wake'em up, this is the only picture from Saturday I took,, too busy doing other things,

More instruction

Rattlehead, front and center

Our line Sunday morning, From the right

And from the left

boltgun71

Way to go Canadian Princess!!!  Thanks for staying true to your word.  Welcome to the instructor corps(finally)!

Sounds like a great shoot, I'm sorry I missed it, but everyone was in good hands with Sgtrock and Rattlehead.

Thanks to all the shooters who came out and gave Appleseed a try.

Josey Wales

..Well Done..  SgtRock thanks for all you do, you inspire me to be better..

Rattlehead, glad to see you moving along the SBIT trail, NY is getting stronger all the time and thats GREAT!!..

...........Strength & Honor...............Josey Wales.................................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Rattlehead

Got one decent photo off the phone...