News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CT Promo Tracking - 2011

Started by CortJestir, June 11, 2011, 12:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Hi CT Appleseed Volunteers and Supporters:

Please post in this thread if you have dropped off Event fliers, CT fliers, or trifolds or have done any other promotions activity. We'll use this thread instead of individual Dashboards to track promo actions moving forward.

Many thanks for your help!
CJ

CT Promo Tracking - 2011

• 12/17/11 - Checked tri-folds at Northwest Sporting Goods and Supply, Winsted, posted latest CT flyer with 2012 schedule (The Log)
  • 12/17/11 -Tri-fold stand and AR-Girl poster at Newington Gun Exchange, posted latest CT flyer with 2012 schedule  (The Log)
  • 12/17/11 - Restocked trifolds at Hoffman's, posted latest CT flyer with 2012 schedule  (The Log)
  • 11/22/11 - Tri-fold stand, AR-Girl poster and CT flyer posted at Jim's Bait and Tackle (and guns), North Canaan (The Log)
  • 11/22/11 - Trifold stand, AR-Girl poster and CT Flyer dropped off at Northwest Sporting Goods and Supply, Winsted (The Log)
  • 11/15/11 - Trifolds posted at CT Gun Exchange, Monroe and Hiller Sports, Norwalk (CaptMac)
  • 11/14/11 - Trifolds posted at Griffin and Howe, Greenwich (CaptMac)
  • 11/13/11 - Set up trifold stand at HGC clubhouse (The Log, Who_Me?)
  • 11/13/11 - Table at Hartford Gun Club's Veterans' Open House (The Log, Who_Me?)
  • 9/05/11 - Attended Goshen Fair Day 3 (The Log, Who_Me?, TOMINCT)
  • 9/04/11 - Attended Goshen Fair Day 2 (TOMINCT, CortJestir, LymiSeede)
  • 9/03/11 - Attended Goshen Fair Day 1 (The Log, Who_Me?, TOMINCT, davidgw1, CaptMac)
  • 9/02/11 - Posted Goshen Fair event on CT Appleseed Facebook page (CortJestir)
  • 8/31/11 - Flyers posted at Hoffman's, Newington Gun Exchange, BMG in Newington (vernic82)
  • 6/30/11 - Attended Junior Marksmanship Program at NWCSA (The Log)
  • 6/29/11 - Attended Cabela's Promo Event (TOMINCT, verni82, The Log, Bigred200e, Who_Me?)
  • 6/28/11 - Trifolds distributed at the Military Recruiting Center, Torrington (The Log)
  • 6/23/11 - Flyers restocked at Hoffman's Gun Center, Newington (The Log)
  • 6/23/11 - Flyers restocked at Newington Gun Exchange, Newington - needs brochure stand (The Log)
  • 6/22/11 - Flyers posted at several "new" gun shops in the SE corner of the state (vernic82)
  • 6/22/11 - Flyers posted at many General Stores in Eastern CT (vernic82)
  • 6/21/11 - Posted CT flyer at Thomaston Library (The Log)
  • 6/14/11 - Events posted at TheFiringLine.com (CortJestir)
  • 6/12/11 - Events posted in Appleseed forum at NortheastShooters.com (CortJestir)
  • 6/12/11 - Flier check-up: Trifolds (no inserts) still available at Hoffman's Gun Center, Newington (CortJestir)
  • 6/11/11 - Trifolds (no inserts) distributed at K5 Arms Exchange, Milford (CortJestir)
  • 6/11/11 - Events posted at TheHighRoad.org (CortJestir)
  • 6/11/11 - Events posted on "CT Homeschoolers Inclusive" Yahoo! group (The Log)
  • 6/11/11 - Events posted in New England forum of AR15.com (CortJestir)
  • 5/20/11 - Trifolds (no inserts) distributed at JoJo's Gun Works, Southington (CortJestir)
  • 5/13/11 - Events posted at CTGuntalk.com (CortJestir)
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

06/11/2011 - Posted on "CT Homeschoolers Inclusive" Yahoo! group
06/23/2011 - Zero responses so far. Grumble.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

06/21/2011 - Posted CT flyer at Thomaston Library
06/23/2011 - Checked the bulletin board and it's actually still up!

vernic82

Posted flyers at several "new" gun shops in the SE corner of the state.  Restocked the Berlin Tpke shops a few weeks back too.

Posted flyers at many General Stores in Eastern CT too.

That old tech along with all you guys who use the new tech and post on the web forums I think pays off - just imagine how many would show if everyone was doing this?!?!?!?!?

Oh the possibilities  :D
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Log

06/23/2011 - Checked trifolds at Hoffman's. There were two brochure holders full of the old trifolds - the white ones. I stuck a handful of new trifolds (no inserts) in the front of one and pinned a trifold and my card to the bulletin board.

06/23/2011 - Checked Newington Gun Exchange folders. No brochure stand, and drat if I didn't bring one. They had a pile of the old white trifolds too. I asked the guy behind the counter if I could restock, and he said, "Gimme one of those!" I thought he was going to tell me to scram, but he said, "I gotta get my son to go to one of these!" I talked him up a bit and left him my card. Put the rest of my truck-stash of trifolds (no inserts) on the pile.

If someone could swing by NGX with a brochure holder and neaten things up there, it would be helpful. I have a few from my latest shoot box, but I don't get over there much. If you need one, say the word.

Sadly, neither store had any used Glock 17s. Sigh.

</log>

DanT

I've been passing out pamphlets and talking it up in Texas, and now Kansas.... does that count?

Still haven't managed to make it to my second event (and Rifleman) but thanks to you folks in Connecticut 7th Stepping has become second nature.  By the bye, the Mosin Nagant boomer is more or less retired, replaced by a fun little Marlin .22 I got from Fred V.; lots easier on the shoulder and ears.

vernic82

It is very likely we may get the "old" white Tri-folds when they're ordered from JW.

I wouldn't pull them as the last box I received had the white ones and for a while that's all we had - 2k of them!

I only have a few left but have continued to use them concurrently with the "new" tri-folds.

In fact the ones at Hoff's & NGX I put in about 2-3 weeks ago!

Reminds me - I need to place an order for more.

Lets see what color we get :)
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Quote from: The Log on June 23, 2011, 09:04:54 PM
Sadly, neither store had any used Glock 17s. Sigh.

Ask and ye shall receive - check your PMs.

Used G17's galore........
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

06/28/2011 - Stack o' trifolds left at the Military Recruiting Center on Winsted Road in Torrington. Spoke to the recruiting sergeant, and he said he'd like to see potential recruits ("Future Soldiers," they call them) attend a shoot. Told him we'd be willing to schedule something special if we needed to.

The Log

06/30/2011 - Junior Marksmanship Program at NWCSA. Chuckwagon organizes this event every year, and he graciously allowed me a few minutes to talk about Appleseed with the 15 or so youth shooters (ages 10-16), and their parents, about Appleseed. Left a trifold on every bench, handed out a few cards. There are two more shoots left in the program, weather permitting. I'll repeat at those.

vernic82

Papered a very enthusiastic Bait & Tackle Shop in N. Stonington yesterday - We To Jo's.

Turns out the owner is a Tribal member of M.T.P. tribe of Foxwoods fame and asked if I would run a 'seed on the Reservation.

I'll have to find some documentation of American Indian Service in the Revolutionary War as here at the D.A.R. http://www.angelfire.com/on3/oneida/page94.html

But 1st he wants me to help them build a proper range on the Reservation - I'm thinking 500 yards.......

Stay tuned we'll see if anything come of it as I'll be contacting him early next week.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

Quote from: vernic82 on July 07, 2011, 07:51:59 AM
Papered a very enthusiastic Bait & Tackle Shop in N. Stonington yesterday - We To Jo's.

Turns out the owner is a Tribal member of M.T.P. tribe of Foxwoods fame and asked if I would run a 'seed on the Reservation.

I'll have to find some documentation of American Indian Service in the Revolutionary War as here at the D.A.R. http://www.angelfire.com/on3/oneida/page94.html

But 1st he want me to help them build a proper range on the Reservation - I'm thinking 500 yards.......

Stay tuned we'll see if anything come of it as I'll be contacting him early next week.
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

CortJestir

Say folks, time to keep this refreshed and up-to-date. Let's keep posting here when you've done some promo.

Thanks!

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

papered NGX, Hoffman's & BMG last week.

Still working Groton Sub Base, trying to find the "right" person to hit up about AS.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Made contact with the NE CT Tea Party people last month at the Brooklyn Fair where they had a booth set up.

I will be attending one of their monthly meetings to present on Appleseed.

Also have them sending out the "email blast" on the 10/8-9 Chaplin shoot to their membership.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CaptMac

No posts on this thread since Sept. 27th?? 

Well, I know someone did something and did not post.  Last week, I went into Hofmann's in Newington, intending to drop off some stuff.  No need, someone had been there.  THere were a bunch of tri-folds.  So, someone is not posting. 

Papered Griffin & Howe in Greenwich today. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

CaptMac

Dropped off tri-folds at Hiller Sports, Norwalk, CT and CT Gun Exchange, Monroe. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

The Log

Hit up two new gun shops today. First was Northwest Sporting Goods and Supply on Rowley St in Winsted. Owner was busy, so I left trifold stand, poster and flyer with the woman at the counter. I'll check back next week.

Next was Jim's Bait and Tackle in North Canaan. Very small shop, some guns, but the woman was enthusiastic. Said she thought she had gotten AS stuff about 2 years ago, but nobody ever came back. I'll keep an eye on the shop.

</log>

Old Ironsights

Like CaptMac, I've been in Hoffman's, usually twice a month (scoping for bargains on used).  Every time I've been, there are tri-folds available.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from talking it up while I'm there ...

Going to see about Jo Jo's in Southington next week.
The USS Constitution:  Pride of the U.S. Fleet.  Named by George Washington.  Built in Boston. Earned her nickname fighting the British.  She is a Frigate - fast, light, carrying just enough firepower to get her job done, yet not so much as to encumber.

In 1830, the Secretary of the Navy declared her unfit for service.  Destined to be scuttled, the PEOPLE would not have it!  The barnacles slowing her were scraped, she was re-fit, and returned to her original glory.  Thrice more over the years, the PEOPLE restored her.

Now, she is the oldest floating commissioned naval vessel in the world.  In 2010 she celebrated her 213th birthday.

How appropriate her name.  I have faith in We The People!

vernic82

2012 Dates scheduled so far (Lebanon, Colebrook, Chaplin & Guilford) email blasts sent (12/12/11) to Coalition of CT Sportsmen,  CCDL & others that send out firearms related info in CT via email blasts.

v82
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Presenting to Quiet Corner Tea Party Patriots on 1/9/12.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

In contact with:

National Society
Daughters of the American Revolution
National Vice Chairman of Public Relations & Media
Northeast Division

To do a AS presentation to the DAR - this lady (and another high ranking DAR member) attended my Pistol course recently and received the AS pitch that I always give to my students.

They bit HARD and we'll see what comes of it as I run down this lead.

Stay tuned.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

email blasts on currently scheduled dates sent to everyone in my email contact list as well as everyone who's inquired or taken my Pistol Course as well as every firearms customer who's email address I have.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

Quote from: vernic82 on December 12, 2011, 01:50:13 PM
Nice - is this going to be a straight-up promo or a Libertyseed? Might be nice to make it a Libertyseed - you'll knock that requirement off your list in the first month of the year ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

</log>

The Log

Quote from: vernic82 on December 12, 2011, 01:48:50 PM
2012 Dates scheduled so far (Lebanon, Colebrook, Chaplin & Guilford) email blasts sent (12/12/11) to Coalition of CT Sportsmen,  CCDL & others that send out firearms related info in CT via email blasts.

v82
Good work, V-man! Don't forget the recently updated 2012 flyer and trifold insert.

</log>

vernic82

Got it, also send out the event specific flyers to those in need, thanks.

Quote from: The Log on December 12, 2011, 07:38:39 PM
Quote from: vernic82 on December 12, 2011, 01:48:50 PM

v82
Good work, V-man! Don't forget the recently updated 2012 flyer and trifold insert.

</log>
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Moving thru the DAR's command structure with this -  it will be a Libertyseed when it happens sometime this winter/spring.  Stay tuned.

Quote from: vernic82 on December 12, 2011, 02:27:40 PM
In contact with:

National Society
Daughters of the American Revolution
National Vice Chairman of Public Relations & Media
Northeast Division

To do a AS presentation to the DAR - this lady (and another high ranking DAR member) attended my Pistol course recently and received the AS pitch that I always give to my students.

They bit HARD and we'll see what comes of it as I run down this lead.

Stay tuned.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

This is happening on 1/9 and will be a Promo Pitch to get rears on the line/Libertyseed all in one.  IAAR to follow when complete, thanks.

Quote from: The Log on December 12, 2011, 07:35:29 PM
Quote from: vernic82 on December 12, 2011, 01:50:13 PM
Nice - is this going to be a straight-up promo or a Libertyseed? Might be nice to make it a Libertyseed - you'll knock that requirement off your list in the first month of the year ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

</log>
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

Checked Hoffman's today while I was doing a little Christmas shopping. Topped off the tri-folds, posted the 2012 schedule.

Hit NGX next - man, the place was crowded! Looks like they were getting ready for a Christmas party. Anyway, they were completely out of tri-folds, so I put a stocked stand out and left an AR-Girl poster, as well as the 2012 schedule.

We need to do a better job keeping the Newington stores stocked - the last post about anyone visiting NGX is from early September. There were a lot of eyeballs in there today, and I hate to think how many people didn't see the AS material over the last few weeks.

I'm working on an idea that might make these gun shops a little easier to maintain. It all depends on how the newsletter works for us, and if we can get www.ctappleseed.com up and running. More to follow.

</log>