News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Insurance, since I've been asked

Started by CaptMac, July 05, 2011, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptMac

I've been asked about getting insurance, and here is how I did it. 

It took some time, but it is simple.  I became an NRA certified instructor, and I signed up for the NRA sponsored insurance program for instructors. 

To become an instructor, the first class one must take is a Basic Instructor Training.  This is the first class for any NRA certified instructor, and you must take it first, as far as I can tell.  Sign up for the class, pay for it, go, sit in a class for a day, take a simple multiple choice test, turn it in, you are done with step 1.

Next take the course for an instructor of Basic Rifle.  That is pretty much what we do, right?  Same process as with the other class, but here you need to shoot, although the standard one needs to meet is low.  Any Appleseed instructors should meet it so long as their bodies do not go into complete spasms. 

Two days in a class, then wait, about a month or so, and your NRA instructors credentials should arrive.  You need to pay the NRA as well as for your class. 

Once you have your NRA credentials, search the internet for NRA instrucotr insurance or click on this link:  http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/instructors.htm?utm_source=firearminstructorinsurance.com&utm_medium=firearminstructorinsurance.com&utm_campaign=firearminstructorinsurance.com

Fill out the forms, on line is easy, pay a few hundred bucks, and you will have insurance. 

I have not tested to see under what circumstances it will pay or pay to defend me, but I also do not want any of us to test it. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.