News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Eleanor, WV May28-30 2011

Started by MacMcM, May 28, 2011, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMcM

A scorcher of a Memorial Day weekend was met by 14 Off-the-Couch Americans !!

Our shooters ranged from former ASers, Hi-Power shooters, and those who had never shot before.
From the first Redcoat to the Saturday evening Redcoat, we saw a 175% improvement in scores.

All of the Saturday shooters (13) were cooperative and the Instructor corps got down in the dirt with them as we worked out stock fitting issues and scope eye relief problems. The excessive heat (90°) and humidity(90%)  forced extra water breaks for safety. All of the required instructional points and History(1st&2nd Strikes) were covered as well as 2 AQTs on Saturday. The heat was crushing....

Sunday started with 9 shooters all who had been through Appleseeds before. We got in the 3rd Strike and multiple other DOM/DOW stories during the required water breaks. The weather was even hotter Sunday...95+. The Instructors were very pleased with the student progress in such adverse conditions.

Monday we moved to the 400 yd range and Spanner put on a great clinic on KD and FD AQTs. We had 9 shooters Monday with one score of 202 and a patch presented to Stephen.
Thanks to those who came to learn, and thanks to the Instructors that came to work!

Mac

Those who took pics post away!

" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

MacMcM

:bow: VanRichten was the ONLY winner of the coveted Morgan's Crew Patch. :bow:

Ya gotta shoot at Eleanor WV to get one! ..:..

First shot of the day, cold bore, 250 yds...
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

brickhouse

QuoteBump for photographers

bump for Congratulations to MacMcM, our newest "Wild and Wonderful" Shoot-boss!!    ..:..    ..:..
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

brickhouse

Come to Eleanor, WV and earn the exclusive "Morgan's Crew" patch! 
One Shot. Cold barrel. 250 yards.
Any Rifle. Any Caliber.
"Morgan's Crew" or musket fodder - One shot decides!

Hey, how about a Morgan's Crew report? How did it go?

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Chrome

Quote from: brickhouse on June 03, 2011, 08:52:31 AM
Come to Eleanor, WV and earn the exclusive "Morgan's Crew" patch! 
One Shot. Cold barrel. 250 yards.
Any Rifle. Any Caliber.
"Morgan's Crew" or musket fodder - One shot decides!

Hey, how about a Morgan's Crew report? How did it go?

And, some of us really want to see the new patch.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

MacMcM

The patch is black text on OD background with black border. I wasn't willing to pay for cool graphics LOL

But, there has only been ONE earned... :o

10 tried, 9 failed **)

brickhouse

QuoteBut, there has only been ONE earned...

...... so far. This was a stoke of marketing brilliance on the part of Chrome! Excellent execution on the part of the rest of the WV instructor corps making the inspiration a reality. Demonstrates once again the applicability of the Patton quote in my sig line.

I need to get some time in on my garand and get down there for a go. I have not fired it since it beat the snot out of me at the Ramseur RBC ["Ramseur FIVE-TEN!"].

vanrichten

An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Patent guy

Very cool.  Others will likely earn that patch, but there will only be ond "first" patch earned. 
I'm curious about the conditions, was there any cross-wind?
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

MacMcM

Weather for the "Shot" was 85°F,  90%RH, wind still... I think others may practice this shot before the next Eleanor AS!!

BeSwift

I gots to earn me one of them patches!.... Any thought to having the opportunity to earn one being available after each class at Eleanor?  I'll bet you won't have a shortage of instructors volunteering to work your shoots (me included) for the next few years....  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

MacMcM

Be,
We will be attempting this at every Eleanor AS, as part of our KD lesson....

Mac

Chrome

Quote from: vanrichten on June 04, 2011, 04:07:36 PM
Rifleman proud  ;) ..:..

I love it.  I really wish I could have been there.  So only one person got it eh?  Good to know it isn't gonna be easy.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

nmmi9100

VanRichten:

3.5-15 Nightforce?

Got the same one, but NPR1 with zerostops on my 308 bolt gun.

Good show on the coldbore shot.  How big is the 250-yard target?

-David
Edgewood, NM

MacMcM

that's the NF 8-32... mine is on order... his is on his .308, mine will be on a 24" varmint .223 O0

And the target is roughly 6"X9 "1" thick AR550..
cold bore, first shot of the day, sling only, any sight, any caliber <.50BMG

vanrichten

Yeah, that is the 8-32x56 NF.  I actually had it on 8x for "the shot" because as we all know and teach, the higher the magnification the more you will fuss the shot  :cool2:

The target is shingle sized and put at 250 yards.  You'll just have to come see it for yourself  ;)
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West