News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hinckley, MN. -- May 14-15

Started by AFTERMATH, May 16, 2011, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Don't worry, it's coming!

In the meantime; feel free to post!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

sparks1

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Crack---Crack-cra-cra-crack-crack-BOOM-cra-crack-BOOM-c-c-c-cra-crack-cr-crBOOM...........

Ahhh.... 
The sweet sound of riflery on a most spectacular Saturday morning, broke natures unending silence. 
Eleven americans gathered at the range that morning - Most, completely unaware that they were about to partake in an adventure that would lead them to become Americans!

The weather? 
Well the weather was terrible, but perfect weather for Appleseeding!
The ice cold rain washed the ticks, and prevented our barrels from overheating.  The wind blew the mosquitoes asunder.  I believe I even saw a bit of sleet/snow.

First lesson of the day for shooter and instructor alike - Perseverance!
The second - Persistence!

These were followed by many other lessons in marksmanship and heritage. 
Lessons a shoot boss can only lead, plant the seed and hope they take root. 

Another lesson, perhaps more subtle - There is value in allowing children to play with fire.
Children grow up to be IIT's, IIT's grow up to be Shoot Bosses.
Shoot Bosses just may need to know how to start a literal fire with saturated tinder and wood, to warm the body while the stories of our forefathers warms the soul.

Sunday's weather turned like night into day.  Was the perfect weather for Appleseeding.
The rain of the prior day provided the water to help grow the seeds, and that they did.  We found great improvements throughout the weekend.  And our two youths, having shown quite the quality of persistence left that evening with Patriots' patch for posterity.  With young men such as Davaun and Jacob, there is hope for our future yet!

Kelli, returned from our April shoot with her sister Gerri - The best two southpaws on the line! ;)

Ross, was hoping to get his patch on Sunday - however it wasn't in the cards this time.  But now that he's got his new Rifleman Opportunity Card, I see it in his near future.

Ryan and Garret, working hard to improve their skills, did and with practice and refinement will have no issue in slaying the next QDAQT they stand against!

Mike who was right in there, all of Sunday, struggling to bring it all together came in with a highscore of 208 on his last AQT of the weekend!  Had his one target not leaped to intercept the bullet for the other, he'd have nailed!  Next time, Mike, next time!

If we had an award to be given, of which the sole qualification was persistence, that award would have gone to Jack.  Jack, added the unmistakable BOOM of his M1, which pieced the bitterness of the howling wind all through Saturday.  A Vietnam Vet, who proved himself Sunday as a dangerous old man, could have probably lived up to good ol' Sam Whittemore.  With undeniable determination he continued to improve and kept pace better than the scope on his rifle.  Which quit on him halfway through Sunday. 
No, he doesn't pack his bags and go - He takes the scope off and goes straight to his irons.  Unfortunately, the scope mount itself proved to be detrimental.  As it could not be removed, and almost fully obstructed his rear sight!  Did he quit then?  No!  He continued, and using only his ruger' front sight, shot better than many I've seen with both factory sights on a 10/22.

All and all, another fine weekend on the Appleseed Trail!

Remember; the next Appleseed is next weekend!  So you'd better practice dry-firing!

Aftermath

P.S.  Pics are in existence and should be forthcoming, assuming my computer cooperates.  It's growing weary after years of abuse and internet battles.  Perhaps it's in need of a new barrel.

sparks1

WOW...11 shooters at Hinckley! Got to be a record.  Weather was a factor at the home front too...did not allow spring yard curb appeal work to be done. However it did allow some Patiotown shopping to be done, hence depleting monetary reserves. Cheaper to be Appleseeding by a long shot....no pun intended.
Well done AS, the seeds planted by you will germinate regardless of our Mn. weather and bloom in the time to come.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on May 20, 2011, 08:39:41 AM
WOW...11 shooters at Hinckley! Got to be a record.
Yes, 11 is great! Especially considering the weather was unpleasant. Those promotions are paying off!  O0
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Taylor

A big tip of my orange hat to all the shooters. :bow:  We were waist-deep in teachable attitude. O0

A fantastic group, all showing future Rifleman potential. Keep dry-firing at home and get out to another Appleseed ASAP.

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Ok....  So, pics may not be forthcoming....

They refuse to load!!!!!1 :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wall: :wall: :wb: :wb: :wall: :wb: :wb: :wb: $$-0

AFTERMATH

Hey, I guess one of 'em worked!  Let's try another.