News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Davilla, TX June 11-12, 2011

Started by dragit, June 13, 2011, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragit

Five shooters on Saturday and two on Sunday is an unusually light turnout for Davilla.  Stargnoc Daryl who scored a 222 on Saturday.  Eric was close also but had to deal with a new rifle and scope issues, next time.  John, Jon and Dillon will be back in the future.

JR, a returning rifleman came out to shoot Sunday.

Thank you Reliable, AlmostReliable, zonkertx, alarmlist76, and scuzzy.  All instructors got to shoot this weekend, either on KD or 25 yards.  Thanks for the jumper cables Everett after I left my ignition key on all day Sunday, it would have been a long walk.

Until next time...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

NcongruNt

I had a great time, and learned quite a lot.  Thanks for all the attention!  I'll definitely be back with a ROC. 

I appreciate all the work the instructors and other folks that go into making these shoots happen.

-John

Hack Ptui

My son and I had a great experience at this shoot.  The heat wore us both out by the end of the day, but we went home talking about how much we both learned, and how much we want to come back.  Of course, the highlight of the day was Larry's colorful description of the Rifleman's bubble.  I'm still laughing every time I think of it!

I'll try to cajole my son into posting a comment, but he told me he felt a lot more confident in his shooting after the day.  I don't think he's ever put more than 100 rounds through a rifle before, but the Appleseed techniques had him shooting tighter groups than me.  That made it all worthwhile, right there.

Ya'll are the best!  And I especially want to thank Larry for giving plenty of help and attention to my son all morning.  It's exactly what he needed.  And I'm especially grateful for all of your dedication to this cause.  It's good to have my kids get to meet other like-minded individuals who love this country and our heritage of freedom and shooting--that we're not alone in this fight.  Keep up the great work!  We'll be back for more, soon.

scuzzy

While we had a light turnout the shooters made up for quantity with quality. Seeing true Americans like y'all make it all worthwhile. That's why I love doing the shoots.

All the shooters did pretty dang good too.

And yup, it was a typical hot as blazes Texas summer shoot. I actually got sunburned which I normally don't have a problem with. At least there was a good breeze which is normal for Davilla.

I did AQTs Sunday which was good. I haven't shot in ages. I sure needed the practice since my high score was 206. While I'm not gonna blame malfunctions I didn't get one AQT without one. I even had a 22 case split and spit powder in my face. First time I've ever seen that. It was some old Aguila ammo.

Anyhow thanks to all the shooters, John, Joh, Dillon, Eric, and Daryl, for being there. Hope to see all you again soon.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

dragit

More photos courtesy of Reliable.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer