News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

where to purchase web slings?

Started by stringbean, May 28, 2011, 10:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringbean

I placed an order with RWVA for a web sling a few days ago.  Just received an email back saying they can't ship to Colorado.  Anybody know of another good source to purchase a web sling suitable for Appleseed?

Kosciusko

www.odcmp.org

www.rcarms.com

If you don't qualify for CMP  and  RC arms is out, PM me and I'll sell you one of my CJW slings, which I have to buy in bulk, 100 at a time.

nyrasgt

Can suggest/recommend three sources for web or nylon slings - new or used, at relatively decent prices, comparable to, or somewhat better than (not counting shipping, etc...) AS Store's:
1)  Numrich Arms - The Gun Parts Corporation, West Hurley, NY,
2)  CDNN Sports of Texas:  just ordered bunch of studs and swivels on line - very quick, and
3)  good, old  Cheaper Than Dirt  (which sometimes isn't...)
  Recommended in ascending order of preference, and cost...#1 first, etc...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

stringbean

Thanks for the suggestions!  I do qualify for CMP purchase so probably order from them - good price :) $7.95.  Some places I found had prices of $30+ - yikes!!!  Think I'll order a couple while I'm at it.

KYWindage

Ebay's got some from cheap to outragous.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

ACP230

There are several sling sellers in each issue of Shotgun News.   

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Colorado Pete

"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper