News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My First Appleseed - St. Augustine, June 11, 2011

Started by FSU_Shooter, June 12, 2011, 04:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSU_Shooter

I just wanted to thank all of the instructors from the St. Augustine Appleseed yesterday.  It was my first event and I could not be more impressed.  Dr. John, B.Schrader, RamboGranny, Smoak, Theri, and 9m4545 all were professional in manner and well knowledgeable.

It had been a long, hot day in Florida but I feel like I learned a tremendous amount about marksmanship.  The U.S. history lessons were interesting as well. 

I have posted a more in-depth writeup at my blog here: http://it-tastes-so-good.blogspot.com/2011/06/appleseed-st-augustine-june-11-2011.html.  I have pictures of my targets from the day as well my full Revolutionary War militia getup. 

Again, thank you! And I can't wait to attend my next one. 

Cory Mathis

Just a side note on your two choices of rifles.  If you are going to get the Henry repeater.  Great.  If your getting a rifle for appleseeds I would lean toward the Semi Autos.  Check out the Marlin 795 before you buy a Ruger.  Half the cost with no modifications to get it to a LTR.

Just my two cents.   And they are worth what you paid for them sir.

God Speed and good shooting....Hope to see you on the trail.

Casper

theri

FSU Shooter

If you need a copy of the manual for the Mossberg Plinkster 702 please let me know as I have one and can make you a copy of the manual if you want (either hard copy or a pdf).

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Appleseed on Saturday.  You appearing in Revolutionary War period clothing really added a new dimension to event especially for some of the younger shooters.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Rich Man

It was a real treat to see you wearing what I can only assume was a winter outfit cuz that thing looked like an oven.

I would also like to join and thank all the instructors who made this such a great experience and tremendous learning opportunity.

Ever more proud of being an American by choice! ^:)^

9mm4545

Quote from: FSU_Shooter on June 12, 2011, 04:55:50 PM
I just wanted to thank all of the instructors from the St. Augustine Appleseed yesterday.  It was my first event and I could not be more impressed.  Dr. John, B.Schrader, RamboGranny, Smoak, Theri, and 9m4545 all were professional in manner and well knowledgeable.

It had been a long, hot day in Florida but I feel like I learned a tremendous amount about marksmanship.  The U.S. history lessons were interesting as well. 

I have posted a more in-depth writeup at my blog here: http://it-tastes-so-good.blogspot.com/2011/06/appleseed-st-augustine-june-11-2011.html.  I have pictures of my targets from the day as well my full Revolutionary War militia getup. 

Again, thank you! And I can't wait to attend my next one.

It was a treat for me to work with you. I gotta give you some major credit for sticking it out while broiling in the sun. You have my admiration and you are welcome at any of my shoots. I can see how your Revolutionary era clothing might have been popular in say, New England, but maybe not so much in summer Florida. At least you didn't catch a chill...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837