News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How to help NH Appleseed in only 15 minutes a week!

Started by Ninsho, May 15, 2011, 02:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

Let me start off by saying that I know what it's like to be busy.  Between career and family, we all have a lot on our plate.  That doesn't, however, change the fact that this nation needs saving.  Not everyone is ready to get up and dive in as an instructor; volunteering many of your precious weekends every year is a huge commitment.  If you don't want to, can't, or aren't ready to instruct there are plenty of other ways to help out Appleseed here in the granite state.  All it takes on average is 15 minutes a week.  If any of the ideas below interest you, please PM me or email me at nh <at> appleseedinfo.org to sign up to make sure we don't duplicate efforts needlessly.

1. Posting and maintaining the supply of flyers and posters at gunshops (or any other good advertising location you can think of!).

If you have a gunshop you frequent, sign up to make sure we constantly have flyers and brochures at that shop.  You can stop in every month or two and make sure they don't run out.  Volunteer for a single shop, or all of the shops in your area.

2. Pick a forum and keep it up to date on NH Appleseed events.

There are a variety of forums out there, some local, some not.  We should be taking advantage of these forums to advertise upcoming events in NH and to post about Appleseed in general.  These posts need to be kept up to date, questions need to be answered, etc.  If you have a favorite forum please step up and help us out.

3. Handling promotional supplies.

In order to support potentially a dozen people posting materials in their favorite gun shops, it would be helpful to have someone who is able to manage the supply chain.  This would entail storing brochures, flyers, and miscellaneous promotional materials (one small box worth is all it takes), then mailing these out in small batches to each volunteer as needed. 

Currently I'm doing all of these tasks in some fashion or another.  If I had some help that would go a long way toward getting more done in this program.  We can hit more gunshops, expand our forum presence, and wake up more sleeping Americans.  With the work spread around we can do a better job than I can do alone.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Sprocket

Nice post Nick - this applies to any region and I'll be taking hints.

I routinely leave flyers at the barbershop - especially on busy Saturdays...