News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sandwich Sportsman's Sale Promo

Started by Ewald, April 28, 2011, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewald

The Sandwich Sportsman's Club is having their annual Sportsman's Sale on Sunday, May 22. This isn't your normal gun show. They have a BBQ, raffles, and activities. It is a very family oriented event. The times are 7 AM to 1 PM-ish.

If we want to seventh step at this show, we need to confirm ASAP:sos: :sos: :sos:

I am unable to take the lead here. I just booked a booth at a Civil War event the same weekend. Any takers?

Gravy

Hi Ewald!

I don't want you to think I wasn't trying.  I looked into doing this show but I've already volunteered to run a grill event at our tennis club (I know this sounds sappy - please don't laugh).   I like the sound of your Civil War event better.  Good luck.

Ewald

Gravy, We expect you to hand out a trifold with every hot dog served at the tennis club.  ;)

All, M1D has taken the lead here so the time crunch is off, but I'm sure he could use a partner. Contact him for details.

Gumballhead

Quote from: Gravy on May 04, 2011, 12:33:26 PM
... tennis club (I know this sounds sappy - please don't laugh)...

Looking at your avatar, Carl, Bushwood...they had tennis, right?

Gravy

Quote from: Gumballhead on May 04, 2011, 01:29:09 PM

Bushwood: Golf/Tennis/Yacht Club = snobs and slobs

Carl:  "Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence, and superior firepower (click). And that's all she wrote."

Gumballhead

Quote from: Gravy on May 06, 2011, 11:07:01 AM
Quote from: Gumballhead on May 04, 2011, 01:29:09 PM

Bushwood: Golf/Tennis/Yacht Club = snobs and slobs

Carl:  "Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence, and superior firepower (click). And that's all she wrote."
**) **) **)

M1D

Considering the size of the venue the turnout was pretty good.  Nice weather for an outdoor event.  It is tricky keeping the promo material on the table in the wind but for the most part I had enough boxes of ammo to hold it down.  I didn't talk to the number of people that I would have at one of the larger events but encountered a good level of interest and was able to have longer conversations than normal.
M12D
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman