News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NC AIBC, Ramseur, August 20-21

Started by Lawrence, May 06, 2011, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

NORTH CAROLINA'S first ADVANCED INSTRUCTOR BOOT CAMP with Fred is scheduled for the weekend of August 20-21.

Saturday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Sunday 8:30 until the sun is on the KD target and the shooting begins.

Please go to "Instructor Boot Camp (IBC) Schedule 2011" for details. This event is free to IIT0 and above.

Please confirm your attendance on this tread.

Fred

To confirm, this event is open to every instructor, from IIT0 to MI - and it is open to any instructor, wherever located, in the program.

If you think you know what this weekend to be about, you're likely to be wrong.

Check the AARs from your fellow instructors who have attended one, and maybe you'll get a hint.

Some suggested reading: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18654.0 "Chicken Little, the Darkside, and Other Matters"

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19907.0, "Remembering the Basics..."

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20317.0, "On being a follower..."

These may not be visible to some IITs, so you'll have to ask a "higher" instructor to copy and PM to you whichever is not.

We need to get AS moving and growing in NC - August is not too late (it's never too late, I guess :( ) - but if you can 'step up' your energy level for NC AS before then, it would be much appreciated.

I hope there's no volunteer in this program who is not dedicated to making Appleseed a success - else why be here - right? :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Sadman

I'm clearing the decks to make it to this one!

August should get it baked into my head!!!

Cheers,

Sadman

Lawrence

CplTurner

USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

Toshbar

I'll be there pending any unforseen conflicts with school next semester.
The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants.

Heavy Cav

I will plan on attending.  See you there.  Thanks for the call Lawrence!
22LR, .223, .308, 30-06, NEXT...

NeilR

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

M1NC

I'm planning on coming - can someone please copy and PM me the text on the links Fred has listed?  It would seem I don't have permission to view them...
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

G19Jenz

I will be there on Sunday. I have a prior engagement on Saturday.
-Jennifer Turner
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
--Thomas Jefferson

Ratchett

Is this still going to take place? It is the same weekend of the Hawaii shoot and Fred is shoot boss???
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Fred

I'm thinking the AIBC takes precedence over the HI AS... :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

BhmJeep

I will be attending, traveling from Alabama. I will camp at the range on Friday and Saturday.

If your gonna do it, then DO IT!!! Nothing like hard floors, heat, flies and MREs to get you ready to shoot something.  :---    :---     :---    :---

BhmJeep
Mike

iron pony

"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

7.62BBQ

M1NC

Hey Guys, I'm afraid to say that I just got a call from my boss and I will have to be at the office this entire weekend. Sorry for the short notice, but I just found out about this.  Again, my sincere apologies.  :(
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

Karl2500

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
~Theodore Roosevelt