News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Grandfield, Oklahoma, 4/30-5/1

Started by K98Al, May 02, 2011, 01:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K98Al

This was a great shoot! (I know, I always say that) It really was - the weather was great on Saturday, lousy on Sunday. Rain, some hail, lightning....did I mention wind and near record low temps?

Tom proved he was a Rifleman again, and decided to become an Instructor!

Devin PERSISTED and shot a Rifleman score on Sunday, in the cold and wet.

Everything went well, all shooters improved, and enjoyed some great history.

Landon got a "Son of Liberty" patch, and he very much deserved it. I think this was his third or fourth shoot, and every time I see him he's upbeat in the worst weather conditions.
OldGrunt suggested creating a "Grandfield Badlands" patch - perhaps with a shivering frog....
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

dalesp

pics from Grandfield.
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

Scarecrow

I'll take the weather we had over what it was a year ago.
Welcome Tom to the Oklahoma instructor cadre as a new IIT.
Congrats to Devin who persisted over several shoots to get that RM patch.
Congrats to Saturdays Rifleman qualifier too!

dalesp

more pics
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."

dalesp

still more

dalesp

next batch

dalesp

still more

Scarecrow

Hmmmm. . .  do I need to grow a mustache and goatee?
Is that the secret?  **)

dalesp

even more....

dalesp

even more. . .

dalesp

more . . .

dalesp

Last group . . .

wcmartin1

Great pics!

Looks like y'all had a heckuva good time.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

oldgrunt

thanks so much for the great pic's guys....I have a good idea for a few of them....But sure it was Grandfeild in prime form.....

Sure was nice to have such great shooters show up .Appleseed each one are speical But they dont call it badlands for nothin...lol   Seeya in Nov.for sure and time to do it again
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

TomCat

Proud of every one, especially all who toughed it out in bad weather on Sunday.  I would be good to share a foxhole with any one of you!  You've shown you have what it takes to overcome adversity.  I so hope to see each of you again this year.  Let's all plan on being at the Badlands this Fall.
Congratulations Rifleman Devin!
And as always I wish to express my gratitude to the instructors for donating their time, and imparting their knowledge and skill to make each of us better marksmen.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Sorry to have missed Sunday, but my rig is not well suited to Badlands wet clay roads.  The clay completely filled up the front fender and had the front wheel locked up solid.  The rear wheel would only spin to the side.  About 8:30 am, completely stuck in the middle of the road, with another round of rain and lightning bearing down, I said, "God, look what I've got myself into.  I'm going to need some help getting out of this."  About one minute later, over the hill comes...one of His angels?...no, but the next best thing,  it's Oldgrunt in his 4-wheel drive!  Luckily, my trailer fit onto the back of the 4-wheel drive.  And Oldgrunt knows what he is about;  he told me to take the front fender off, thus eliminating the gumming-up problem.  After slip-sliding about a mile back to a semi-firm section of road, I considered it sound advice when the Oldgrunt told me, "Go to the house!"  Over 5 hrs later, after holing-up under numerous over-passes, and getting caught in a couple more rounds of hail,  I made it to my daughters house in Moore. 
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."