News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Amarillo, TX April 30-May 1, 2011

Started by ashrn03, May 01, 2011, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashrn03

The first outdoor Amarillo Appleseed of the year had good weather and a great turnout for Saturday.  And the second (and final) AQT of the day was the charm for active Lubbock TX Appleseed supporter heretic to earn his Rifleman patch (YES, DAVE MADE IT!!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ )

Heretic has been a regular Saturday participant at many Appleseeds in Amarillo and Midland for the past couple of years and has been a strong supporter of the program.  He worked with oladcock to set up the Levelland Appleseed last month and is working on locating another venue for the Lubbock area.  His perseverence (and Rifleman's Opportunity Card?) were rewarded this weekend.  A well-earned Well Done, Dave!   O0

Here's the presentation picture:

And the Saturday morning group photo:

And a picture of young shooter Owen on his first Appleseed off sandbags.   Owen and his brother Hunter are experienced Amarillo Appleseeders who have been shooting well on sandbags for several events.   Last fall Hunter made his debut off the bags, and Owen followed him this weekend.  That 10/22 is still pretty heavy but he'll get used to it. 

Sunday weather deteriorated (morning drizzle, sleet in the area, below-freezing wind chill factors) so we moved inside to the Indoor Range.  (Hey, there's no policy that says you have to shoot in the miserable conditions, just that you don't cancel the event, right?  :cool2:) All the Sunday shooters made good progress with several (Barbara, Dylan, and ??) at the 190-205 level.  June's Appleseed should be productive . . .
The way to herd cats is to offer treats

oladcock

Good looking crew and congrats to Heretic! Some fine Americans there in the panhandle!  O0 ...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

POP

Way to go, Paul.  Does look like a great Appleseed.
And, Congratulations Dave, on the patch.  Now the work begins in earnest.  Thanks for all you are doing in Lubbock.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

7.62er

Thanks to Paul, O.L. and the all the instuctors!  Y'all show a lot of patience with thick skulls.  I'm proof!  Looking forward to seeing y'all more and working with you.
David.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan