News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

'Panorama camera view' available of Captain John Parker Statue, Lexington, MA

Started by Castle Mountain, May 23, 2011, 07:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Here is the 'Panorama camera view'  available of Captain John Parker Statue, Lexington, MA for your information that you might enjoy.
It is interesting how timeless the statue remains in the context of modern surroundings that have been continually changing.

http://virtualamericanrevolution.com/minuteman/parker.html

Regards,

CM

To view the panorama, click and hold down your mouse button and drag left and right, up and down. Ctrl and Shift keys zoom in and out. Scroll down to center the panorama in the browser window. If you can't view the panorama, please download QuickTime VR 5.0 or later versions plug-in at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ . All images are copyright 2006 Panospin Studios. Re-distribution requires permission.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

TruTenacity

Thanks for posting, CM.

I wonder how many folks walk or drive by that statue every day and know nothing about the history we tell at ASs.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

The Log

Quote from: TruTenacity on May 23, 2011, 08:37:44 PM
Thanks for posting, CM.

I wonder how many folks walk or drive by that statue every day and know nothing about the history we tell at ASs.
Funny you should say that, TruT. My wife and I lived a few towns over in Winchester when we were first married, and I remember driving by the statue and not thinking much of it. This was back in the mid-90s, before my awakening. Such a wasted time - now I have to drive 3 hours to get to Battle Road rather than 20 minutes.

But, I will say that anyone who doesn't notice the statue while driving can be forgiven at certain times during the day. Letting your attention wander while negotiating that area is taking your life in your own hands. Remember - in Massachusetts, turn signals are a sign of weakness.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

dwarven1

Quote from: The Log on May 23, 2011, 09:05:57 PM
Funny you should say that, TruT. My wife and I lived a few towns over in Winchester when we were first married, and I remember driving by the statue and not thinking much of it. This was back in the mid-90s, before my awakening. Such a wasted time - now I have to drive 3 hours to get to Battle Road rather than 20 minutes.

But, I will say that anyone who doesn't notice the statue while driving can be forgiven at certain times during the day. Letting your attention wander while negotiating that area is taking your life in your own hands. Remember - in Massachusetts, turn signals are a sign of weakness.

</log>

I thought Bostonians considered using their turn signals to be "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

I used to drive right through Merriam's Corner every day for 3 years and never knew what happened there. Heck, I didn't even realize why Rt 2A was called Battle Road until I saw a reenactor walking down the road one April morning...
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON