News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camp Butner CMP Games

Started by wildman, April 03, 2011, 10:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

If you intend to join us at the Eastern Games held at Camp Butner here are somethings you need to do. First you need to get registered on line at the CMP web sight; Click on Eastern Games, then online registration, then individual registration, fill out the form. You will be registering for either the Garand Match, the Springfield Match or the Vintage Military Rifle Match (Foreign rifles (91/30s, K98s what ever) held on Saturday May 7th. These matches are held concurrently. Register at anyone and we will shoot together. These are as "issued matches" that means no special sights, bedding, or after market triggers. The cost is 50 USD and CMP will furnish ammo if you are shooing either the M1 or Springfield Match don't even think about using your ammo as you will be disqualified. If you are shooting a foreign made rifle you must supply your own ammo.

All competitors must check in at the registration trailer on range 4. All rifles must under go a trigger weigh in and inspection prior to squadding. Squadding begins at 11:30 hours match begins at 12:00 hours. We need to assemble NLT 10:00 hour on Saturday. The assembly area will be near the registration trailer. In order for us to shoot together it is important for us to squad the same time.

If you have questions about the COF or match rules check out the CMP web sight or you may post them here and I will attempt to answer them. If you want to practice for the match (recommended) we will have several practices session at the Ramseur range before the match. The first will be this Saturday starting at 11:00 hours. We will be able to weigh in your triggers as well.

It is recommended that you bring snacks to the match it is a long day and you won't have time to go get something eat. In the past CMP has had water coolers on the firing line. 
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

jmdavis

Are you and hawkeye going? I need to check my schedule but I really want to make this.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

hawkeye

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

jmdavis

Which ones are you shooting?

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

wildman

It would great to have you join us. I'm shooting an M1.

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

jmdavis

Free that day. Will be there with M1

BeSwift

Highly recommend... I normally go, but can't due to a graduation this year... >:(
GSM matches are a ton of fun and challenging (I'm also a GSM instructor).. A lot of my crew also does the Rimfire Sporter..New this year is the 2 man vintage sniper rifle competition (first time offered), so if you have a qualifying rifle, give it some serious consideration.. Butner is great practice for Camp Perry...  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

The Kid

I will be coming and using my Garand.
I think I will come back later in the week and do the EIC match with the AR.
-TK
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

M1NC

I'm in and I think my dad is in as well.  We will both be shooting M1s

Question - my M1 has a Dupage replacement stock (no bedding) and the barrel splines are peened but otherwise is bone stock as it came from the CMP.  Does this disqualify it from "as-issued" competition?
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

wildman

The Dupage stock will be fine. They are concerned about fiberglass stocks, stock with pistol grips that sort of thing.  Peened splines come under the careful assembly rules, your fine. They aren't going to disassemble your rifle anyway.

Glad to hear your Dad is coming.

Bonden

I'm in..... planning vacation around that week.

JD.

wildman

CplTurner

Wont be able to make it to the games this year, as I do not yet own a Garand  :'(  But I will be there for the Creedmoor cup match and EIC later that week... See you there Keaton  :cool2:

CplTurner
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

The Kid

You don't need a Garand, just any as issued rifle. You are welcome to use my 03a3 or the 1917. Although I don't believe that my C stock qualifies. I know the 1917 is as issued though . At any rate I look forward to seeing you out there.
-Keaton
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

wildman

I am not sure the "C" stock is illegal for "an as issued 03A3". I just read the rules and the wording is ambiguous it just says issued stocks. Reading the CMP forum I could not find a direct reference to the "C" stock. In one thread a poster described his rifle and ask if it was legal for the Springfield match it had a "C" stock. Folks that responded took exception with his bent bolt but not his stock. Maybe someone else can who knows for sure can fill us in.

What happened to your original stock?

wildman

Coldshot sent me a PM and assured me that there were plenty of "C" stocks to be seen shooting the Springfield Match at Camp Perry. So bring your 03 with your "C" stock if it pleases you.

Bonden

Got my match entry confirmation email this morning. 

Very Cool.

JD

The Kid

Unfortunately due to circumstances outside of my control I will not be able to make it out this weekend.

Wildman-I will be sending my primary and secondary rifles with Hawkeye to have the triggers weighed if you don't mind.

-Keaton

CplTurner

Change of plans,

Due to a gracious benefactor who is lending me a Garand,  I will be there... See you all there!

CplTurner
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

wildman

This coming Saturday is our last chance to practice. Practice will start at 13:00.

jmdavis

I'm tempted to come down this weekend but I've committed to a 3 gun match. I will see you all at Butner on the 7th. I plan to spend the night and try the EIC As-Issued Garand match on Sunday as well. I think that I will be bringing others.

Mike

Heavy Cav

If I can catch a ride I will plan on attending!  Sounds like alot of fun.
22LR, .223, .308, 30-06, NEXT...

Bonden

Heavy Cav.... PM sent.  Got you covered for the ride there.  I'm shooting matches at Butner until Tuesday. 

Bonden.

ThaiFighter

I can also provide transport for the weekend of May 7 if anyone is near Greensboro...

I can also offer a place to stay in Greensboro for the week of games

it's about 68m from Butner to my place...

PM me...
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Heavy Cav

Mike,

Hope I can make it.  And I haven't had the chance to tell you personally but the RBC I attended with you has made a serious impact on My life for the better.

Quote from: jmdavis on April 25, 2011, 11:48:44 PM
I'm tempted to come down this weekend but I've committed to a 3 gun match. I will see you all at Butner on the 7th. I plan to spend the night and try the EIC As-Issued Garand match on Sunday as well. I think that I will be bringing others.

Mike

22LR, .223, .308, 30-06, NEXT...

wildman

Wow, thanks hope to see on the 7th.

jmdavis

Jimmy it would be great to see you. I hope that you are well.

And thank you, that really does mean alot. I believe that bootcamps can make a real difference for people. It's really good to know that others value their experience there.