News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Smithville

Started by masonred, March 25, 2011, 05:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonred

Already packed half the stuff in the car and thought to check e-mail. Man I'm disappointed!!! The message indicated the Smithville event was cancelled. I should have gone to Davilla last week. I'll have to look at schedule and maybe go this fall, heat gets to me, and thought the end of March would be a good time. 

spitstickler

That's a bummer on the Smithville event. It's my understanding that the range owner had an unexpected medical emergency.

April and May aren't too bad unless you just happen to get a really hot weekend. It really starts cooking in June, July, & August. If heat is an issue for you, (it's gets me too) it's a good idea to get really hydrated several days before and then keep guzzling water throughout the weekend. And at any event, it's okay (and even recommended) to set out a course of fire or two to take care of yourself.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

scuzzy

The owner of the Smithville range had surgery this week and said he wasn't up to a shoot this weekend.

I was supposed to work there this weekend but now here I sit at a computer.

April will probably be nice, unless of course it rains. But I haven't seen a good rain in quite awhile here in Texas. Here's a list of Texas shoots for April.

Levelland, TX - Apr 2-3   
Atlanta, TX - Apr 16-17   
Dallas/Fort Worth - Quail Creek , TX - Apr 16-17   
Davilla, TX - Apr 16-17   
Fredericksburg, TX - Apr 16-17   
Pharr, TX - Apr 16-17   
Smithville, TX - Apr 16-17   
Terrell, TX - Apr 16-17   
Amarillo, TX - Apr 30-1   
College Station , TX - Apr 30-1   
Midland, TX - Apr 30-1

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

indigocenter

Is it still on for the April 16-17 course???

didactic

Yes, yes , yes.   ^:)^
Line is 3/4 set up, backers delivered, posta-can on site, and the shoot boss is on his way.

"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan