News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Smithville TX Apr 16-17

Started by CaptG, April 22, 2011, 12:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptG

Haven't seen this one covered yet, so here goes. Sleepy Joe was our shoot boss, Banana Man & myself helped out.
We had 14 or 15 shooters Sat and I think 8 on Sun. Lots of great kids, several of whom were brought out Sat AM by their mom just to see what we were about. Some LTR's were scrounged up & the older ones who wanted to shoot were accomodated.

Jason (JayMac) shot Rifleman Sat PM & took THE HAT! He helped out on the line Sun. Congratulations and Thanks!

We had a good mix of repeat shooters and new ones. All the Kids were exceptional. Tom shot several more Rifleman scores to go with his previous ones. Others continue to improve. Peter, Mark & Wolf, hang in there. Lynn was a first timer with a new rifle that let her down, She'll be back.

It was my first shoot at Sanborn Shooters and it's a really nice range. We did have to wait a couple of times for a turkey (real wild one, not one of ours) to vacate the range. Joe took pictures, I know he'll get them up when he has time.

G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

rethelochief

thanks for the great weekend to all; it was a pleasure meetin' you Capt G, Sleepy Joe & all the other instructors & shooters.

My boys love this stuff, so they'll be back after lots of dry firing at home (me espically) and look to build their skills.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: CaptG on April 22, 2011, 12:03:05 PM
We did have to wait a couple of times for a turkey (real wild one, not one of ours) to vacate the range.

Funny! We had a jackrabbit on the Green Sunday AM in Pharr.

Thank you Jason for stepping up!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

Thanks CaptG for starting this for me ... I know "get on with it"
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are some photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe