News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR:May 22, 2011 Harvard Sportsman Club – Harvard, MA

Started by Sprocket, May 23, 2011, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocket

May 22, 2011 Harvard Sportsman Club - Harvard, MA

We had some steady weather for this one-day event - no real sun but not exactly cold either.  Ten shooters showed up and were as ready to go as the instructors.  Attendees ranged from zero level experience to returning shooters - ages ranged from single digits to pre-WWII birthdates (I'm guessing) and the physical abilities that go along with them.  Everyone had a great attitude and worked through their various hurdles on the line.
During the heritage portions of the day, all participants were fully involved and listening.

A particularly strong effort by all the instructors had both a young man of 9 and his Mom going from "Missing Cleanly" to "Hitting Solidly" by the end of the day - he actually bounced when I gave him his patch for his hard work and attention.  It was cool to see that level of enthusiasm and the look on his Mom's face.  I asked each participant to sum up their thoughts - one young gentleman replied, "Epic!" and his smile was also large.

I'm hoping to see this crew return another day and get even better - especially that one very determined young lady that wants to "earn that hat" - and I'm hoping they bring friends with them.

I invite everyone to post up their thoughts and pictures here.

AuntieBellum

What a great weekend!  Perfect weather for a day at the range, even without the sun.   ^:)^

Our 10 shooters showed great improvement over the course of the day, and I'm certain we'll see them all back.  Use those tools to practice, and we'll see you on the line again soon!  Even more importantly, I definitely saw our attendees truly understand the message and consider what our forefathers did to secure our liberty.  You Yankees certainly seem to bleed red, white, and blue.  So thanks for letting this Midwestern'er join you, and I'll work on not saying Con-cord in the future.  (You'll be happy to know that I remembered not to order any chowder at dinner, but I considered the chow-dah.   ;) )

And pictures, as promised!

P.S. My grandfather (the one with the pre-WWII birthday) had a great time!  And so did Stubborn Yankee (Eric - the guy in the orange hat).  Thanks again, everyone!

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot