News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hubertus WI April 16-17, 2011

Started by JoeZ, April 17, 2011, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Thanks to the shooters and instructors who came out. We had two new riflemen(good job Orel and Jeff), an upgraded IIT, and a reporter from the Wisconsin Outdoor News. Quite a few shooters up on the plateau(practice, practice, practice).  The rain all day Saturday finally gave way to snow and we only lost a few underprepared shooters. Sunday's weather was windy but I think I might have a bit of sun burn(a day after weather declared a winterseed!) more to follow with pics...stay tuned.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

dragonfly

Congrats to the new Rifleman Orel and Jeff, well done  O0 . The rest of you have the tools to do it practice, practice. Tell your friends, and family about what you learned and experience you had at Appleseed. Hope to see you all on the trail soon  O0 .

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Chris Z

I was looking through my phone to retrieve the pictures. . . and . . . looks like we're not going to have pictures of this event.  But there was snow and rain and wind and. . . sun on Sunday. 

congrats to the riflemen, and all those that stuck it out in such trying weather.

cz

ahhshoot

hmmm... I don't know joe. No pictures. Maybe you just canceled the shoot.... how would we know? Awful fishy.  ???

Congrats to the Riflemen! :---

The past is only the future with the lights on.

DogTooth

Well Chris, since you don't have pictures I will describe it.   ;)   Imagine 3 feet of snow mixed with rain.  We had to walk uphill both ways to the targets and back to the firing line. 

No, in all sincerity it was cold and windy with rain turning to snow the first day.  Sunday was much more pleasant.  It was good to be on the line and learning as always.  I didn't make rifleman yet, but someday soon.   

I would like to thank the instructors, shoot boss, and IITs for a well run event.   

Thanks again,
Steve

ahhshoot

Quote from: DogTooth on April 18, 2011, 10:03:26 PM
Well Chris, since you don't have pictures I will describe it.   ;)   Imagine 3 feet of snow mixed with rain.  We had to walk uphill both ways to the targets and back to the firing line. 

I don't know you dogtooth, but I can tell already that you'll fit into Appleseed very well.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

firefighter1241

I had a lot of fun.  I didn't get the patch but I got very close.  I will be back to get my patch.

It rained, it snowed, the wind blew hard and I was at the range shooting prone in the mud. Yep, it was a good day at the range. I got cold and wet but it was still better than being at work.

JoeZ

Hello ff1241,
now that your on the forum I'm gonna hold you to the quick 2 hour crash course on blow outs at the range. This will be for instructors and perhaps riflemen so get your curriculum ready and find us a source for blow out kits. ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

Thank you,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Cooper

Quote from: JoeZ on April 20, 2011, 11:00:04 AM
Hello ff1241,
now that your on the forum I'm gonna hold you to the quick 2 hour crash course on blow outs at the range. This will be for instructors and perhaps riflemen so get your curriculum ready and find us a source for blow out kits. ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Thank you,
JoeZ

Let me know when this comes together!
Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

2 clicks low

Boarder raiders are welcome, Right?  &)  &)  &)
2cl

Quote from: Cooper on April 20, 2011, 12:40:00 PM
Hello ff1241,
Thank you,
JoeZ

Coop
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Gumballhead

Quote from: 2 clicks low on April 20, 2011, 01:17:00 PM
Boarder raiders are welcome, Right?  &)  &)  &)
2cl

Quote from: Cooper on April 20, 2011, 12:40:00 PM
Hello ff1241,
Thank you,
JoeZ

Coop
What he said

JoeZ

firefighter1241

JoeZ did you end up with an AR15 front sight tool???  I can't find mine.

JoeZ

Who was the shooter on the left side second from the end(on Sun)? Didn't he use it? Either way I borrowed it so you'll get one back. I'll try to get a hold of him, if not I know where to get them.

JoeZ

firefighter1241

That was Rick.  Ill give him a call to see if he might have it yet.

firefighter1241

This is the new IFAK that I was talking about. 
You would need two IFAK's to make sure your have Exit and entrance wounds covered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-UNISSUED-GENUINE-MILITARY-ARMY-ACU-IFAK-COMPLETE-/130499936203?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6266ffcb

Or if your going to build a kit this is what you will NEED to have.

3+ Sets of GLOVES-The more the better.  Gloves break and its nice if more friends can help you plug holes.

1 EMT TRAUMA SHEARS.  Cuts open any clothing to see wounds.  They will cut open a heavy leather motorcycle jacket and cut a penney in half.  Ask me how I know this.

TOURNIQUET have at least one but I like to have 2.  Only to be use on the arms or legs.  If one tourniquet will not stop the bleeding you can add a 2nd one higher up on the arm or leg. 

2 Quik Clot or Celox  This will come in Gauze, Granules or a Tea Bag type form.  This is the clotting agent.  Once packet or poured into a wound this will help the bleeding stop.

4 normal Gauze,  Used to blot away excess blood before using the clotting agent and then using a 2nd gauze to hold pressure on the wound over the top of the clotting agent for 5 min.

2 Pressure Dessings,  This is use once you are done holding the pressure for 5 min over the wound.  Brand names are The Emergency Bandage aka The Israeli Bandage, The "H" Bandage, and the Emergency Trauma Dressing.  This can be made with an ACE wrap elastic bandage with more gauze.

2 Cheast Seals.  Brand name is HyFin or ACS (Asherman Cheast Seal)  Can also be made with medical or duck tape and petrolatum gauze or other items like a thin piece of plastic.