News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Miamisburg, OH April 16-17

Started by MeanStreaker, April 17, 2011, 10:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Mud.  Cold.  Rain.  Mud.  Mud.  Wind.  Rain.  Cold.  Wind.  Wind.  Wind.  Mud.  Mud.  Mud.  Mud.  Mud.

O0

But that's OK because every Appleseed event is special.  This one was no different ONLY because of the 21 people that were present.  Everyone stuck it out through very challenging conditions with smiles, laughter, and friendship... and it made for a very memorable April 19 Memorial shoot.  Thank you to everyone!

Oh, and

CONGRATULATIONS Ratchett for earning your Red Hat!  I'm still grinning ear to ear thinking of you under that beautiful color.   O0

:bow: :bow: :bow:

(Dustin, please be sure to post some of your pictures.)  ^-^
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Messer454

The cold I was prepared for.  The mud was bearable.  The instruction was superb.  Gear functioned perfectly.  But with the targets attached to wires, the wind made it really difficult to shoot that tiny bottom row!!!!  Everything but my rifle and mags (cleaned those before I ate!) are still coated in mud but I had a great time!  Wish I could have been there Sunday.

Congrats to Ratchett you deserve it!  Hope to see you all soon.

"Be Prepared.  It is more than a motto, it is a way of life."
"Be Prepared"......It is more than a motto, it is a way of life.

DGMilty

Rain?  Mud?  Wind?   Oh yeah!  How could I forget!!! 

Ratchett, congrats on the Red Hat!

Being my first Appleseed as an Instructor, a big THANK YOU for everyone for sticking around for both days!  I really enjoyed seeing things from the "other" side.  I appreciate all the tips and hints from my fellow instructors.

I also enjoyed helping the shooters out, although at times I wanted to be down in the mud shooting with you.  Seriously!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Dave

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Messer454

Some pics

despree

Shooters, way to stick with it!

To our *two* redhats, thanks for giving us new IIT's plenty of chance to dive in there and lead!

And a special shout out to my Papa for jumping into this Appleseed thing headfirst!

Few more pics from my side:

Messer454

I never made it down to the other end.  Was Kevin using a CZ bolt action?

despree

More Pics:

despree

And the last of what I got:

Louie

As I think back to different events in my life, some of the most memorable were those that had exciting weather attached. So it will be with this, my first Appleseed wearing an Orange Hat. Wind, Rain, Mud all in excess. But we should add persistence, fortitude, tenacity, and great spirits. What a great bunch of people.
Congrats to Ratchett - you do look good in RED!
Thanks to MS, Julia, Dustin, Dave, Jeremy, Miamisburg Sportsman Club, all of the participants, and especially to Fred for his Vision and Inspiration.
PS Kevin had a Savage  Mark II with open sights, with that wonderful Accutrigger.
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

CountryGal

I see you have my glamour shot posted on here.  I had a GREAT time!  It's the muddiest I've been since I don't know when.  I had to wash my car when I got home because I left mud imprints all over it, outside and in.  Hope to do it again sometime!  The shooting, not the mud imprints, that is. 
"Honor:  A nice sense of what is right, just, and true, with course of life correspondent thereto; strict conformity to the duty imposed by conscience, position, or privilege."

FingerTip

can someone send this to fred :--- :--- :--- :~ :~ :~