News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Billings MT April 16-17 2011

Started by Mark Davis, April 17, 2011, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

We had a great shoot this weekend 21 shooters on the line Saturday 11 Sunday. Seven count them seven new Rifleman, we were very fortunate that so many of our shooters had previous Appleseed's under their belt and some with other extensive previous shooting experience.
Jon and Patrick fired Rifleman scores on Sat.
Sunday morning They were joined in the ranks of Riflemen by Stephen, Brice, Chris, Keith, Mikel.
Three new instructors stepped up to teach tomorrow, Gremlin, and the other do not have a forum name yet.
Charlyn, had equipment difficulties that would have sent a lesser person home, yet came back Sunday for more,
Sterling, Mark, and Greyson, both so close keep practicing.
Chris and Keith good to see you back and earning the badge.
Thanks to Itt's Montana Crusader, Gremlin, thburr.
And special thanks to Necee  Blue hat who gives me a much needed prod here and there.

Stargazer

This was my second Appleseed and, like the first, it was awesome!  Thanks to Clod and his team of fine coaches/instructors.  Saturday I was shooting mediocre and Sunday, after Tyson's astute eye and coaching, we adjusted sights a bit.  I was then able to make Rifleman and score above 210 consistently thereafter!   O0~Chris

tehweej

This was my second Appleseed, and was just as much fun as the first! Qualified rifleman the first day, and and now I am signing up to be an IIT  :)

Gremlin

This was my third Appleseed event.  I want to say thank you to all the instructors that have guided me from the pathetic shooter I was to the shooter I am Rifleman I am today.  I'm looking forward to passing on all the things I've learned so far and all the things I'll being learning on my way to Shoot Boss.

Special thanks to:  The Count, MT Crusader, Cloddhopper, Neece, Glocker21, thburr and most especially Charlyn who first told me that the Appleseed existed, before she even owned a rifle.

MontanaCrusader

Thanks everyone for all the hard work making Billings AS another patriotic success.  Congratulations to all the new RIFLEMEN!!! and out new IIT's.   :---
"It's the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

Mark Davis

Nice shooting Jon, due to an error in the the shoot boss's math Patrick did not get the proper ceromony of rifleman untill sunday, and hopfully will be seen in Necee's pictures.
New edit 4-19 10:24, only six new riflemen, Patrick is an old rifleman since Billings May 15-16 2010.

MontanaCrusader

Clodhopper made the news in Billings!!!

http://www.ktvq.com/videos/sunday-10-pm-news-4-17-11/

It starts around 05:00 into the video,  very positive towards AS and RWVA.

Crusader out.
"It's the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

Necee

There is also a nice picture of Kirk and a little blurb on their website.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/appleseed-project-teaches-marksmanship-and-history/

Saturday Pictures :)

Necee

It was great to see everyone both days come out and shoot!  I hope to see more of them back- what better way to spend a weekend?   It's amazing how well people do when they come with a teachable attitude  ::)  Thanks to MTCrusader and Gremlin for filling the lines!!

And here are some pictures from Sunday!  Congrats to all of the rifleman scorers and to the new Orange Hats  ^:)^

thburr

Fishin' on Saturday wasn't so hot, I should have showed up for all of the people.   I made it on Sunday and found a couple of old friends, Chris and Keeth.  We had a great shoot!!  It rained and people shot rifleman, it blew and more people shot rifleman, it was sunny and they still shot rifleman!
Glad to meet Montana Crusader and congrats to the new IITs.  Hope to see everyone at future events.

Mark Davis

While I was off talking to that nice reporter I lost track of how many riflemen we had, There's Sterling holding a target!

Necee

So was that 8 new rifleman and 1 repeat?  Not too shabby!