News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Asked to give talk to 4/5th graders at work

Started by 06en, April 14, 2011, 01:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

Funny thing about going back to work with wind/sun burned face and voice going away after an AS. The questions about what I had done that the above would be the result.

Well after explaining the why, you all know the deal, I get "Really?...Revolutionary War Veterans Assoc?...Could you come to my class and present something?" They are starting the chapter which includes April 19, 1775 next week. How can any of us say no?

Not long ago I read someone, somewhere was presenting to a group children. Can't seem to find that thread now to find out how that all came out. I'm looking at about a 20 Minute block of time. I can come up with bullit points, but was looking to see if anyone already had an outline. If notheing else, being directed in that threads where abouts would be wonderful.

Now 06  ~~:) back to work!

Marpat Pippi

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21262.msg166214#msg166214

The link above is the IAAR of a school talk...Year 2...it has the link to Year 1 in it as well.  O0

06en

Thanks for the link MP...now I just gotta figure how to deliver a biggest band for the 20 min block that I have to work with...maybe I'll sneak more of their time away... >:D

06en

Well I spoke to this teacher yesterday. It looks as though I will be talking in 3 different blocks on 3 different days. Is it the most effective? Doesn't really matter, cause I will take what I can get. This will be my first telling of any of the strikes...lucky for me no one else will be around to hear any blunders I may make  ::) . Anyway I think I may have to send off a couple of PMs to see what a SC can do get about 30 Jr Patriot patches within a weeks time  ++) .