News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Duluth - Oct. 2-3, 2010

Started by dstates, September 17, 2010, 04:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstates

I'm signed up and ready to go.  Who's with me?

I made it to just a Saturday in Hinckley in June and was disappointed I couldn't stay for Sunday.  I also just got myself a better sling, that should help, right?  :)

I'll be the guy working hard w/ the lever action...

vmt193

I signed on as SB yesterday, so I'll be right behind you.  ~~:)

vmt

adamt

I am signed up to help. Hopefully my wife will be a shooter, we were at Hinckley today for a test run and it went ok. VMT193,I am hoping we can do some KD work on sunday. I will even hoof the target to the 300 line.

AdamT
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

javaguy

KD would be excellent and I will come prepared.  (Adam - photo evidence from todays marksmanship exercises at Hinckley are on Facebook!)

adamt

Huh, what's this facebook stuff.

AdamT
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

What's the overnite plan for Duluth?    camping?
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

russellmn

I'll most likely get a hotel room myself.  We'll see what the weather does though...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on September 18, 2010, 12:40:51 AM
What's the overnite plan for Duluth?    camping?

I'll likely be there, and if so; CAMPING!!!!!  -It's the only way to go!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

adamt

Well, a camping test run was performed in Hinckley this weekend. I woke up to a cool 32F. I can say that I personally witnessed AFTERMATH claw his was out of a frozen tent. I will be in Duluth, camping, prepping for the rapidly approaching winterseed. I will provide at the minimum a warm fire to anyone who can dare test there winter wears.++)

See you this weekend.

AdamT

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

After checking the instructor to student ratio I have decided not to sign up for Duluth. 5 Instructors and 7 shooters. Should the number of shooters balloon I would magically appear to lend a hand. As it is, for now, the only way I would show up is to get trigger time on Sunday. That's also if Mrs. B would detour from a fall color tour to go over for a few hours to the range so her hubby could get in some much needed practice. (tough sell)
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

I'll be taking SB, as vmt193 has been called to duty IA.
See you at the campgrounds Fri. night!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

Well, folks, the weather looks to be superb!

QuoteFriday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. North wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 54.
-From NOAA(the pesimistisc ones)

Bring your .22lrs for Saturday, and Sunday morn!
Bring your Centerfires for Sunday Afternoon! 300yrds ^-^
I'll see you there!

Aftermath

wintermute76

Signed up for Sunday. Can't quite afford Saturday too :( had to buy a bunch of baby stuff last night. Getting ready for our future Rifleman due in April   :)

AFTERMATH

Well, Sunday looks to be the day then!  Huzza!
I'll see you there!

Congrats!

Aftermath

AFTERMATH

dstates

I know it's been a while, but does anyone have a picture of my getting my rifleman patch on this day in Duluth?  I'm thinking it was Russel that took the picture, but I'm not sure.  I checked the AAR and it wasn't there.  (I was the guy in the blue vest).

Thanks,
Doug

AFTERMATH

Quote from: dstates on April 04, 2011, 02:20:01 PM
I know it's been a while, but does anyone have a picture of my getting my rifleman patch on this day in Duluth?  I'm thinking it was Russel that took the picture, but I'm not sure.  I checked the AAR and it wasn't there.  (I was the guy in the blue vest).

Thanks,
Doug

How could we be missing the picture!  Arghh! 
So, Alice, Russell, Chris - Did any of you get that picture? 
(I know it couldn't have been me- My camera was in a coma at the time.)

We'll see what we can do....  Worst comes to worst, photo-shop?  ++)
Or perhaps a repeat? ::)

Aftermath

psst... Possible photo-holdouts; This was Lever-Action Doug, to refresh your memories. ;)

javaguy

Sorry its the one Duluth event I could not attend and no pix of it :o  Russell might have them on that big computer of his?

AFTERMATH

Arghhh....  That's right...  Guess it's up to Russell or the Levins.... 
Wait, perhaps Adam got one on his phone.

adamt

I checked through the Photobucket archive with no luck.  I will dig up my old phone and see if there is a picture that missed the upload.

AdamT

--  Abraham Lincoln

dstates

No problem if you don't find it...  I think I remember it being Russel's brother taking the picture.  Could I be remembering that right?

martin

I hope you don't mind me doing a little promotion here but I wanted invite all my friends from Minnesota to take a look at all the new places in Northwest Wisconsin that are signed up to have Appleseeds
                                                    Colfax
                                                    Chippewa Falls
                                                     Menomonie
                                                     Boyceville
                                                     Ashland
                                                     and coming soon,,,,,Rice Lake and maybe River Falls

Many of these shoots are a close drive and we don't mind border jumpers here at all! O0

Martin
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

AFTERMATH

Quote from: martin on April 05, 2011, 09:54:57 PM

I hope you don't mind me doing a little promotion here but I wanted invite all my friends from Minnesota to take a look at all the new places in Northwest Wisconsin that are signed up to have Appleseeds
                                                    Colfax
                                                    Chippewa Falls
                                                     Menomonie
                                                     Boyceville
                                                     Ashland
                                                     and coming soon,,,,,Rice Lake and maybe River Falls

Many of these shoots are a close drive and we don't mind border jumpers here at all! O0

Martin

So....   What you're saying is you're gonna make us work to keep our freshly conquered territory of Eastern MN...
>:D

Quote from: dstates on April 05, 2011, 07:03:38 PM
No problem if you don't find it...  I think I remember it being Russel's brother taking the picture.  Could I be remembering that right?

I'll get a hold of three, to see if he has it.

russellmn

just talked to three, looks like we MIGHT have it.  Dstates, I'm sorry, it's been awhile and I can't put a face to your name.   :wb:  He's got a few pics from that shoot though.  Aftermath, can you send him a PM with instructions for uploading to the photobucket account???
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dstates

no problem... like I said, don't spend to much time on it.  I've got the patch, that is what counts  :)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: dstates on April 17, 2011, 07:14:36 PM
no problem... like I said, don't spend to much time on it.  I've got the patch, that is what counts  :)

We can always stage another one....

Let's see, if I remember right; we woke up to frost and spent the morning in some drizzle....  The Hinckley shoot in May will likely have the same conditions. ..:..