News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

south florida appleseed?

Started by smoakingun, April 11, 2011, 12:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

The paperwork is in the hands (or computer at least) of the club president in Hollywood. If velocette or anyone else who is a member there might offer to "volunteer" to fill it out and get it back to me with the club president's signature on it with a date of a shoot, well then we can get cracking on bringing Appleseed to Hollywood. (Appleseed in Hollywood?! I wish...) All we need is a signed host application and a date or dates. I will call again (and again, and again) to see if we can move forward with this.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

RookieShooter

Any progress with Hollywood location?

9mm4545

A flurry of emails went back and forth this very day. Hollywood Gun Club does appear to be very interested but the main problem is the number of already scheduled events at their range. The soonest available date looks to be in November! We will continue to hammer away and I do expect to see this venue eventually on the schedule. If you are a member of a S. Florida shooting club, then local promotion is the best way to get Appleseed to your range. We are working on several other locations south of I-4 but thems that live there are usually more effective at getting ranges involved than us that don't live in the area. Just sayin'... Stay tuned!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

PHenry

This is not an uncommon issue with popular and well run clubs. The key to getting around is on us. We need to look at 2013 schedules right now in order to assure a good number of events at a given venue. I will seek this approach with HSC and see how it goes.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata