News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Toccoa, GA - April 2-3, 2011

Started by shaftoe, April 06, 2011, 11:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaftoe

What a great weekend for Appleseed.  We had beautiful weather with clear blue skies and perfect temperatures.  A bit of wind kept us on our feet and tested our equipment's resistance to sand. 

This was really a great group of shooters.  Everyone was enthusiastic, energetic, and had great attitudes. 

We divided the line on Saturday into two, with a 25 meter line working on fundamentals and a full distance line for more advanced shooters.  This worked out well and certainly drove home lessons like Inches-Minutes-Clicks.  One shooter in particular came very close to shooting full distance Rifleman.

Thank you to all who came.  We hope to see you back at another event really soon.

Pictures should follow shortly.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

shaftoe

Pictures
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Keepmvng

This was another very rewarding weekend for me.

On Saturday DrJohn and I worked with a group of six shooters made up of two father/son groups and a great shooter (Terry) who was knocking on the door with AQT scores of 205 and 206.  Terry could only come for the one day, I'm sure that he will be back to get his patch.

Thomas was there with his dad and brother. His dad had earned his rifleman patch before. Thomas shoots well enough to be a Rifleman. He just doesn't have the patch yet. 

Young Caleb was there with his dad Scott. Caleb demonstrated an effective range of 200 yds on the Redcoat target on Saturday. This was very impressive for a little guy.

On Sunday I had the fortune to work with Shaftoe on the full distance line. The pictures posted above show another young shooter (9 years old) with his target that was posted at 100 yds.

Parents who share activities with their youngsters (such as Appleseed) are building strong relationships. Fun events will always be remembered.

As a visiting instructor in training (from Texas) I want to thank the Georgia group for the great hospitality.  You are not just instructors with the Appleseed Project, you're family.

Keepmvng
Marksmanship is a perishable skill

bagel

28 shooters Saturday
12 shooters Sunday

Plenty of fun, lots of distance shooting for those who were up to it, perfect weather, awesome Sunday morning classes by snaphook75, yonah, and DrJohn.

All around great time.