News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru Instructor shoot! April 19, 2011 AAR

Started by Dano, April 20, 2011, 09:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

Well for those who missed it the first annual April 19th Memorial shoot for Instructors was a big hit. The event was held at the Wes Thompson Range Complex and included Full distance AQT's, Barbeque and great fun. Temperatures were nice around 80°. All those in attendance said they would come again. A big thanks to Jay Wolf who provided food and music at lunch time. this shoot was held to honor the sacrafices that were made on April 19th 1775, no need to explain that here. The event will be held every year on the actual day of April 19th as long as it is not a weekend. This allows everyone to attend without having to worry about working a shoot the weekend that the event happens.

Congratulation to Cowgirl Ducky a part of the Piru Team who took home first place in the high Score AQT contest. She shot a 248! Good enough to beat fellow Instructor Dano who shot a 247! First prize this year was a CMP correct grade Garand.
Sorry my camera broke so I don't have any pictures of the event. Enjoy that Garand Ducky.

If you would like to attend this next year it will be help on April 19, 2012, so pay attention for the posting of the information on the California board!.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Pvt.Joker

Awesome! And incredible scores, too! Literally!
"The battlefields of history are littered with the bones of those, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest; and, resting, died."   
"We can't guarantee success in this war, but we can do something better. We can deserve it."
-John Adams, in a letter to his wife, Abigail.

gratefuldog

Nice shootin', Duckster!
wish I coulda been there.... Next Year!

Cal 7.62

I didn't get the memo.
This is the 1st I'd heard about it! :o
I would've taken off work for this! >:(
Shh, don't tell the Mrs.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cowgirl Ducky

LMFAO  **) Garand Ducky....I kinda like the ring of that O0

yeah it was a fun day to say the least.....  @)

Marpat Pippi

Glad you all had a great time remembering our forefathers! :--- ..:.. :---

Was this a secret event for the Piru Team?  ???I didn't see any recent announcement on the CA board or PM...let me know next time and I will be happy to help with promotions. O0

"1st Annual"...now we will all know when it is for next year and can put it on our schedule for next year. ^:)^

Quote from: Dano on April 20, 2011, 09:50:44 PM
Well for those who missed it the first annual April 19th Memorial shoot for Instructors was a big hit. The event was held at the Wes Thompson Range Complex and included Full distance AQT's, Barbeque and great fun. Temperatures were nice around 80°. All those in attendance said they would come again. A big thanks to Jay Wolf who provided food and music at lunch time. this shoot was held to honor the sacrafices that were made on April 19th 1775, no need to explain that here. The event will be held every year on the actual day of April 19th as long as it is not a weekend. This allows everyone to attend without having to worry about working a shoot the weekend that the event happens.

Congratulation to Cowgirl Ducky a part of the Piru Team who took home first place in the high Score AQT contest. She shot a 248! Good enough to beat fellow Instructor Dano who shot a 247! First prize this year was a CMP correct grade Garand.
Sorry my camera broke so I don't have any pictures of the event. Enjoy that Garand Ducky.

If you would like to attend this next year it will be help on April 19, 2012, so pay attention for the posting of the information on the California board!.

Dano

Rough Rider

Wow! Wish I could have made it. You guys always have the best times  8)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

FurrowFoot

I missed out on the fun too, and I'm jealous.

CWDucky - enjoy the really neat TING! sound, as the Garand enbloc clip ejects.

Hope to see you all there next year, April 19th,2012 is a Thursday.

Take Care,
FF

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine